• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Plot twist needed - The Vampire Kingdom

transcendation

First Post
The Vampire Kingdom (formerly the Theocracy of the Pale) has joined the Greyhawk Wars on the side of the good guys. (Further plot twist needed).

transcendation

transcendation

First Post
Drinking vampire blood...

...in my campaign, that's how ghouls are formed (unless you're bitten first).

Though both drinking and being injected (via bite) with vampire blood put you under the control of the vampire.

transcendation

GrandArchon

First Post
Perhaps the Vampire Kingdom could demand that as a stipulation of their cooperation, one (or more, or all) of the PCs must become a Vampire? Perhaps they want a certain PC (for political, religious or prophetic purposes) for the job? Maybe they want the PCs to free a very powerful and not neccesarily good-aligned Ancient Vampire from its tomb-prison?

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
What has happened so far? Which kingdoms are involved and on what sides?

My first thought was that the Vampire Kingdom is actually the most noble and "good" element in the war. Some, if not all, of the other "good guys" are actually looking to further their own ends in some way, possibly:

1. Prolong the wars because they gain from war.
2. Moving their armies around under the guise of war and suddenly attacking an ally. They are secretly allied with the "bad guys."
3. Vampire Kingdom leaders slay several of the other "good guy" leaders for unknown reasons: they weren't "good guys" at all, but devils in disguise.

Those are the thoughts off the top of my head; if I had more info to work with, I could come up with more ideas.

/I never ran Greyhawk.

Aholibamah

First Post
I have a further plot twist for you--someone on the good guys' side wants vengeance against a particular vampire lord for some act he either did or supposedly did. The vampire lord in question is going to be the envoy. This person seeking vengeance is blinded by desire for it, to the point of being willing to risk the new alliance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads