• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PoA Update - It's been changed

Celia_Gyweth

First Post
As of sometime 11? pm EST USA time, the PoA update that has been discussed has occured.

Current Issues (That I have personally seen)

1. Manatee Slayer can't interact with friendly NPC's. Including Merchents. When He tries, it turns to combat. He is not an alignment evil player. He has been dragged into jail twice, and was prolly just trying to buy Healing Kits.

2. A heads up about who can expect what if they are high level, would be considerate. Darius was attacked and killed by an assasin. Later, in town, a high level? MOB came into town and attacked? the people standing near the towns fountain. Darius warns all players to not solo. (I soloed a bit, but I'm only 14th level and havent seen half of the game most 14th level people have seen)

3. The towns Gladiator / Arena map is not fully functonal. Ringing the gong does not generate any attacking NPC's. The chair in the Arena may be a quest item. Use with caution.

4. Yes, there are boulders. Yes, the town merchants are paying higher prices for items.

5. Yes, there is a high end merchent in the town..but not in the Merchents Emporium.

6. A lot of new faces were around tonight. Some were regular users with new names, some were new players entirely. I can't say that us regulars were that helpfull to them, as we were trying to get a handle on what was going on. Is the celler still there? I never though to check.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The changes (as I remember them) are as follows. Essentially, "going back to basics" meat uploading the original version of the module without my modifications:

1) Ascension Market (now Merchant's Emporium) only has three vendors. No vendor limits - they can each afford to buy the entire planet. The bizzarely-placed vendor in the tavern is back, too.

2) No Craftable Natural Resources or Craft Merchants.

3) Player Housing gone (including Elendiel's Temple). Elendiel's Temple was where the arena now is.

4) You can now find vast amounts of treasure under random rocks, shrubs and piles of stones. Because people just leave it lying around or something.

5) The appalling spelling and punctuation from the original module is back. :)

Other than that, it's pretty much the same. Fixing the random-treasure-rocks means that you can now find all five fragments of Anduin's Staff in the Forgotten Forest, along with the garnets needed to get home again.

Re. the issues above:

1) He killed a half-orc harmlessly training in the arena. You reap what you sow. :)

2) Nothing has changed plot-wise. Archemlis the Betrayer has always preyed on solo adventurers. He's been lucky not to meet him until now. Not sure what an "MOB" is, but I manually introduced a monster into town at one point which was killed after a few minutes.

3) I'll have to see if I can work out what the module writer intended there, and see if it is functioning or can be made to function. That's the reason I got rid of it in the first place - couldn't figure out what to do with it.

Asmo

First Post
First of all:thanks Morrus for resetting the module, even if it pains you ;)
It´s Monte Haul, no doubt about that, but I think that the module deserves
a chance as it is. If people feels it´s to boring or too much of the good stuff we can always go back to your changes or switch world, but let´s try it for a while, without any restrictions.
I´ve done a "Forest Run" and can confirm that the Pieces and the Garnets spawn as they should now, but it´s the only thing I´ve had time to check properly.

Asmo

valn

First Post
Looks like Manatee has become hostile to an entire Faction!!
Hmmm, reconnecting might reset that. If not, perhaps dying can fix it (then being raised back from the dead of course).

I think by MOB, Celia means any hostile monster...

I, for one, already miss Elendiel's Temple. Will you bring it back?
Speaking of that, can we reapply for housing?

I can't wait to gather the Staff's pieces and reassemble it. :)

Asmo

First Post
The special merchant at Morrus Tavern has some really good stuff!
Wow, it´s like christmas all over again, lol!

Asmo

youspoonybard

First Post
Morrus - I know I shouldn't ask for personalized items and stuff, but is there a way to add any scythe inventory beyond what we originally had? The special merchant has nothing.

I don't want custom items made or anything, but it's really disappointing that other people can get other stuff, whereas I'm stuck, weaponwise.

I really appreciate any move you make on this part.

P.S. How much HP did that Shadow Dragon have, exactly? I died fighting him, but I knew I got about 3 100 damage crits in there, which gives me some satisfaction.... : )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads