podcast: 4th edition combat too long

soulcatcher78

First Post
Andur said:
All I know is there hasn't been a 4e game I've played in yet, where I could drive to town, get pizza and get back and it still not be my turn...

They should have gotten Vin Diesel to DM and then Playmates to run PC's. Tactics and die rolls would probably be the same, but at least the podcast would be entertaining. ;)

Now there's a capital idea!

mwvdveld

First Post
the funny thing about the whole video is that in the intro Dave (the DM) made a lot of fuzz about the interactive terrain that could be used in the players and/or the monsters advantage (and that the monsters even had the edge because they knew how it all worked)...

I suspect the moving flames in the blood channels were the interactive terrain but that I neither saw the players nor the DM interact with it in a meaningfull way (apart from moving the flames some squares every other round...)... If somebody could tell me what those flames were doing there...aside from burning... (My players would just run to a channel and cut their wrist just to see what would happen!)... I really hope that if the players where asking the right questions they maybe could have had the edge...But they didn't... no team play ... no good attitude...and bad dice rolls (but that's the game, so you can't blame the players for that)

On top of that the fight got abrubtly broken after six rounds... without any valid explanation (they ran away or something, possibly because their workday was over, or they were heading for a real bad TPK). I particullary got enervated by Sara...she seemed like she really didn't want to be there; she looked really tired and shouldn't be at the table, as a brand manager/marketeer she should know that everything she does affects the brand in some way or another (especially when it is taped on camera...and it is not the first time I've seen her but on a bad performance there's a podcast in the archives where she magically get replaced because she doesn want to be there GRZ 36).

The other girl (wilkes??) was cool... she seemed like the only one that had prepared herself (cut-out powercards (they do read the bords and look at what fans do...) some practiced combo's) but none of the other teamplayers understood that they were in a dungeon, playing as a party. Hell, the rogue's brains were sucked out and everybody just watched... HUH???.. All the players just lacked the imagination to entertain us... pitty...because the videopodcast format has a lot of possibilities!

If they do a new movie anytime soon, they should script it better... hell, they could keyfab the whole thing, nobody should see if they fudge the dice... And maybe just buy good mikes so we can understand what everybody says...

In the mean time there's only one video I know that is actually a good advertising for Dungeons and Dragons out there: It's an episode from DEXTER's LAB called DUNGEONS AND MAZES aired on CARTOON NETWORK (here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjn_MjzjhNA)

Remove ads