• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Police: Teen rigged exploding pens for revenge

Tinner

First Post
spatha said:
What drives a person to do something like this?

[sarcasm]He was probably influenced by RPG's.
Didn't they say he got the instructions from books?
No doubt the d20 Modern book has complete instructions for creating pen-bombs.[/sarcasm]

reveal

Adventurer
spatha said:
Come now I am trying to be serious here.
WHy would someone trap 3 random pens to explode?

A combination of:

1) A sense of entitlement since they were "dissed" by being expelled.

2) Easy access to information. In the past, if someone wanted to know how to make explosives, they would have to take a trip to the local library. Today, they click a mouse button. Not blaming the internet, just saying it is easier to find out information like this nowadays.

spatha

First Post
reveal said:
A combination of:

1) A sense of entitlement since they were "dissed" by being expelled.
True but taking revenge by randomly planting pens is strange. If I wanted revenge I would of made sure the people involved in my explusion got the exploding pens.

reveal

Adventurer
spatha said:
True but taking revenge by randomly planting pens is strange. If I wanted revenge I would of made sure the people involved in my explusion got the exploding pens.

Teenagers aren't well know for their mad reasoning skillz.

spatha

First Post
reveal said:
Teenagers aren't well know for their mad reasoning skillz.
True but why pens? As a phallic symbol? To prove how mighty they are?
What did Freud say something about all problems coming back to your parents?

Because they look innocuous, and you could reasonably expect people to pick them up and pull the caps off, thus detonating them.

I read something somewhere not long ago that claimed that Freud was nothing but a fraud trying to come up with a way to justify having lots more sex than he was gettin' naturally. Not saying I buy that completely, but I think whoever said that may just have been on to something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads