• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Police: Teen rigged exploding pens for revenge

Tinner said:
[sarcasm]He was probably influenced by RPG's.
Didn't they say he got the instructions from books?
No doubt the d20 Modern book has complete instructions for creating pen-bombs.[/sarcasm]

D20 Modern? Teenagers don't play that. Now, I don't want to implicate any specific game designers, but I heard this kid thought the pens would inflict "mega-damage".

Lorgrom

First Post
I tought the kid just wanted to prove to his fellow gammers. That he did in fact does have 1 rank in Craft:Trapmaking

Just kidding :)

Del

First Post
EricNoah said:
Chaotic evil?

Aye. I'm a big believer in actual classical good and evil present as forces in society. It gets me angered when people who read stuff like this assume "mental illness" is responsible.

FickleGM

Explorer
Del said:
Aye. I'm a big believer in actual classical good and evil present as forces in society. It gets me angered when people who read stuff like this assume "mental illness" is responsible.

I usually assume Chaotic Stupid...

I agree with your second sentence though, the mental illness card is played too often in my opinion.

ForceUser

Explorer
Darkness said:
Pretty messed up. What penalty could he get - anyone here familiar with Californian laws?
Depends on his ethnicity. If he's a member of a minority, he'll probably be tried as an adult and face a stiffer sentence.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads