• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Drow PC's

4e Drow (And NPC reactions)

• Drow should not have any problems interacting with NPC's.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Drow should have a few problems, but only for story purposes.

Votes: 82 55.4%
  • Don't play a drow unless you want trouble !

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • No drow allowed in my game.

Votes: 20 13.5%

Dreadite

First Post
In my FR campaign, during the death of Mystra (yay?) I also had Lolth basically run a nice nasty PR campaign against the twin-scimitar'd one and banish him to the outer reaches of the Elemental Chaos. ;) It gives a bit of time for the PCs to shine (and catch up a bit?), while still appealing to their "Drizzt is cool!" selves. They love the guy (I admit fondness for him, OP'd or not...), and they really needed a good explanation as to why he wasn't around.

I figured "he's off fighting greater foes than ever in the far planes" would work for them... I guess this is slightly off topic.

On topic: Drow in my game world are very distrusted, but not to the point of outright violent response from guards and such. Still, they're probably the first people rounded up in town if something goes wrong.

burntgerbil

Explorer
It seems like the new dragon article about Drow really clarified what I had envisioned was the case for them in 4e. This seems to go along with what many of us had imagined was the case for these guys now.

elecgraystone

First Post
I'd like to quote something from the new drow article in dragon 367. Since monster Drow are level 11 to level 15 most 'normal' folks have no idea about drow. (An Arcana DC of 20 is needed to know basic info about them.) SO the average guy on the street doesn't know "you're a member of a race that's known to worship demons and torture people to death as a freaking hobby".

From dragon 367 pg#64. "A drow player character is likely to move easier through the world than many DMs might otherwise allow. When dealing with common folk, shopkeepers, bartenders, artisans, the average individual might think the character’s appearance strange, maybe even unsettling, but treat that character the same way they would any individual possessed of an unusual appearance."

Victim

First Post
The drow character we had was played in a setting where Correllon had undone his curse and given back the dark elves (and orcs) their souls as part of events in previous games in the setting. So dark elves had good/neutral alignments become much more common, and then had about 200 years to start reintegrating into elven and general societies. That being said, they weren't all sweetness and light either. The PC came from a noble family heavily involved in organized crime, and her brother was involved in a plot by lloth worshippers would wanted to kill the other elves and go back to the bad old days. Her wealthy and dangerous family was always more an issue than her race.

Plus Tatti had a Hat of Disguise anyway. She changed appearance on a whim. The player made whole bunch of tokens and changed markers once a session. :)

Holy Bovine

First Post
One of my 4E games is set in the world of Mystara and I added in Shadowelves as a playable race with stats identical to the drow as presented in the MM. I had 3 players out of 7 asking to be "drow". I decided it would be best if they didn't run into too many hassles but there will be a few with so many "drow" in the group. Put me down for option 2.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads