• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poll: Favored class & why?

What is your favorite class?

Pentius

First Post
[sblock=Warrior.]
773876-king_leonidas_super.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Just]
fire-emblem-ds-marth.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=saying]
conanintro.jpg
[/sblock]

nai_cha

First Post
I don't know where warlords fit in exactly. Cleric or warrior? I just like that warlords get to tell people what to do but they also help them out so it's not douchebaggery, it's helping everyone else maximize their potential. (Okay, okay, I like hitting stuff and telling other people to go hit stuff too.)

[MENTION=92791]nai_cha[/MENTION] I'd personally place warlord with warriors and being one of their subclasses, they are a bit of a hybrid, but they are pretty good front line fighters with small amounts of healing abilities and a lot of buffing.

It is kind of sad that clerics are so low on the totem pole, but I pretty much expected it. Most of the games I've played in it's been the "last guy" at the table that "gets to be" the cleric because of balance and everyone else had first dibs on what they wanted.

[MENTION=8863]Orius[/MENTION] I hadn't heard of CoDzilla before and actually had to look it up. Looks like its taking advantage of loopholes in a build for druids and clerics?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I have a habit of trying to play warriors and clerics, getting mindnumbingly bored by them, and going back to playing wizards and thieves.

Then occasionally I'll try a class I've never or rarely tried before, get killed in a gruesome manner, and then go back to playing wizards and thieves.

That's thieves, not rogues. ;)

I like playing characters who can get out of places almost as much as I like playing characters who can get into places. Access, and the things you can do with it.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Two classes that are almost tied:

Wizard - I like playing thinkers, and a wizard typically has the Int to back that up. I also like planning out what I think I will need, spellwise, for the day.

Paladin - so many ways I can have fun as a goody two shoes religico.... The Knight in Rusty Armor, the Snark Knight, Captain Marvelous, and White Hat Cowboy. Right now I am playing a paladin, started off based on Gene Autrie, but has been leaning more toward Paladin (from Have Gun Will Travel). There is an odd friendship going on between him and the Summoner's Eidolon.... A few times he has woken up with the Eidolon snuggled up next to him.

The Rogue or Bard is also fun, I like playing a face rather than a thief - a con man, a raconteur, or just plain a meddler.

The Auld Grump

Orius

Legend
[MENTION=8863]Orius[/MENTION] I hadn't heard of CoDzilla before and actually had to look it up. Looks like its taking advantage of loopholes in a build for druids and clerics?

Loopholes? Nah. Just players making very good use of what the classes have in just the PHB. There's a reason wizards, clerics, and druids are considered the three top tier classes in 3e.

Gronin

Explorer
Ranger --- I have always had a weakness for the quick and deadly types.

I have to admit though, I would really like to give Barbarian a good run with my next game. I think it could be a lot of fun to play something that relies on a straight forward approach to things -- sort of the George Nada (Rowdy Roddy Piper) in "They Live".

Remove ads