• New Spells/Magic Items

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Feats and Skill Uses

• New Monsters

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • New Rules Systems, like new magic forms

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • New Religions, Philosophies, Gods, etc.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Tools for desigining and running planar adventures and campaigns

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Planar Settings and Adventures

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • GM Advice for Running Planar Adventures

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None (Everything needed has been done already)

• None (I don't like planes)

Khorod

First Post
So, what kinds of planar stuff would people like to see? Afterall, we are trying to provide useful materials to GM's and player's alike.

Hey, and let us know if you are a GM, player, or just someone who likes to write about odd planes of existence.

Last edited:

GM - I'd like to see a netbook for EACH plane with history, major players races & NPC'S , powers ( gods! ), detailed settings, planar pathways ( getting in and out! ) and plot hooks.

----------------
But where the hell am I? I just invited myself in. Got anything to eat?

:D

I checked out your

http://www.netbookofplanes.org/

and read ( ok- I skimmed it ) your Plane Rules .pdf and there is some good definitional stuff there which can provide a good start for detailing a plane.

Forgive me if I should have read this elsewhere ( I HAVE read the "about" section on your website. )

Are you involved or working in cooperation with the PS3E folks? I'm guessing your initiative is completely separate.

Are you looking for submissions?

If you are looking for submissions, can I write about any plane I wish to create, or do you have certain ideas that need fleshing out? I'm open to both.

Note: The book image on your site ( I think it reads Cosmography ) : Release date july/Aug 2002 , does not seem to conform to your book 1/2/3 descriptions from the "about" page. Based on that, and this post, I would guess you have scrapped the original ideas for books in that format...

I like the idea of your original idea for #1 ( again from your website ) The Immateria : "A completely new multiverse to replace the old inner/outer planes. The Immateria will a flexible and highly detailed cosmology that can be used as a back-drop for planar adventures or as a complete, stand-alone campaign setting."

OK - enough bothering you for now. I have some time on my hands and can contribute some writing if you wish. I'll check back here later...

Joe

Telgian

First Post
But where the hell am I? I just invited myself in. Got anything to eat?
--BigFreekinGoblinoid
:eek: Wasn't expecting guests! Will gelatious cubling flambé do? Displacer beast tentacle? I think I have some left over purple worm pot roast, how 'bout that?
*Clatter of dishes and pans*
Are you involved or working in cooperation with the PS3E folks? I'm guessing your initiative is completely separate.
--BFG
Yes, we're completely separate.
Are you looking for submissions?
--BFG
Yup, we sure are. Rules of the game:
100% OGC (So no use of PI)
This also eliminates using the MotP -- hence the Plane Descriptions pdf.
(Don't want nasty grams from WotC.)
If you are looking for submissions, can I write about any plane I wish to create, or do you have certain ideas that need fleshing out? I'm open to both.
--BFG
Well, the name of the game is to write stuff and have fun doing it. As such, I prefer that people work on what intrests them. Ideas that need fleshing out -- see below.
Note: The book image on your site ( I think it reads Cosmography ) : Release date july/Aug 2002 , does not seem to conform to your book 1/2/3 descriptions from the "about" page. Based on that, and this post, I would guess you have scrapped the original ideas for books in that format...
--BFG
Yes, we have changed the structure of the books recently, so there are areas that could be fleshed out. I've also delayed the release date a bit.
Our webmonster (axon -- CR 15) is on sabbatical at the moment, and the webminion (me -- CR1) needs to spend some time in demi-god admin mode on the site. Thought I had most the loose ends taken care of. :(
*Telgian ducks as the other netbook folks toss stuff at her*
I like the idea of your original idea for #1 ( again from your website ) The Immateria : "A completely new multiverse to replace the old inner/outer planes. The Immateria will a flexible and highly detailed cosmology that can be used as a back-drop for planar adventures or as a complete, stand-alone campaign setting."
--BFG quoting website
The Immateria is still in the works, axon is heading that project. Since RL has interfered -- that project is simmering on the backburner at the moment.

If you're still intrested, I'll send you an Invite to our Yahoo group, where most of the developement goes on.

Telgian.

Last edited:

Telgian said:

If you're still intrested, I'll send you an Invite to our Yahoo group, where most of the developement goes on.

Telgian.

Thanks Telgian! I'd love to pitch in a bit, and definitely
want to make sure I'm working on something complimentary to what you are already planning, so please add me to your Yahoo group. You can email me at :

stoken@mail.com

when convenient!

-Joe

Khorod

First Post
New planes are always great. At the moment the main effort is put behind a plots, adventures, and crunch book, but the big one, the Netbook of Planes itself, needs all the planes it can get. Actually, at the moment we are planning on several interrelated netbooks of various sizes. You'll see...

And as far as PS3E and similar sites and projects go, we would love to at least have a planar dialogue with them. But it has been hard to get in touch.

Any planar folks at all are welcome to join us, or simply exchange ideas. There is not nearly enough planar discussion on this forum.

Telgian: I throw an egg at you. Just one though, cause I didn't catch the gaff myself. I'm only a CR 1/4 webminion, with no granted powers... but I spent all day raking in experience...

Severion

First Post
>>let us know if you are a GM, player, or just someone who likes to write about odd planes of existence.<<

I'm a GM, running Dragonlords of Melnibone and currently use planar info for "The Million Spheres". I also have buttloads of 2E Planescape material, but you can never have too many planes (especialy with 1,000,000 assumed).

Severion

Khorod

First Post
Does anyone want a chance to vote on a poll which groups together the crunch more, and breaks down adventures/settings/tools more? I think I went overboard in the wrong places to get a thorough poll.

When there are at least two replies I'll create such a thing.

Remove ads