D&D 5E Poll: Which Official Adventures Have You Run or Played in To Completion?

Which Official Adventures Have You Run or Played to Completion

• Starter Set (Lost Mines of Phandelver)

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat aka Tyranny of Dragons

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Princes of the Apocalypse

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Out of the Abyss

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Curse of Strahd

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Storm King's Thunder

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Tomb of Annihilation

Votes: 17 17.2%
  • Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden

• The WIld Beyond the Witchlight

• Call of the Netherdeep

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Dragonlance: Shaodw of the Dragon Queen

• Tales from the Yawning Portal

• Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Candlekeep Mysteries

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Keys from the Golden Vault

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon of Icespire Peak (Essentials Kit)

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • Light of Xaryxis (Spelljammer)

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • None

• You forgot something

Birmy

Adventurer
I've played individual chapters and tie-in adventures (mainly through Adventurers League play), but actually completed very few of the published 5E adventures. The only ones I've seen through to the end are Dragon Heist, a campaign I joined about halfway through anyway, and my current campaign, Rime of the Frostmaiden, which (I'm told) is nearing the end as we approach three years of play, so I'm counting it for purposes of this poll.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Lost Mine of Phandelver (DMed 3 times)
Curse of Strahd (DMed twice)
Tomb of Annihilation (played once)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist (DMed once)
Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden (DMed once)
Dragon of Icespire Peak (DMed once)

I'm also about 3 sessions away from finishing Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus as a player.

Had a great time with LMoP, CoS, ToA, and IWD:RotF and would run/play any of them again. DoIP I would run again, but it wouldn't be my first choice. Definitely would never run Dragon Heist again.

I've DMed individual adventures from Tales from the Yawning Portal, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Candlekeep Mysteries, and Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel (and am currently halfway through one from Keys from the Golden Vault). All were great, but in no case have I run all the adventures in any of those books, nor do I think I ever would.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I’ve run / played through LMoP, Curse of Strahd, Tyranny of Dragons, Storm King’s Thunder, Tomb of Annihilation, and Descent into Avernus. I’ve also run bits of some of the others.

I’ve run Scourge of the Sword Coast twice and started Legacy of the Crystal Shard twice (first time ended in a TPK and the second time fizzled out). I also ran the first adventure out of Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle.

I am currently running Mad Mage and Golden Vault (the latter as part of an episodic Eberron campaign).

Ondath

Hero
Do we count anthology books as completed if you only played through every single adventure in the book?

In any case, I sadly only experience LMoP and PotA all the way to the end (both times as players). The first time I ever DM'd 5E was for Out of the Abyss, and I had read the book from start to finish and was hyped to see the adventure to its end... But the campaign ended around the Darklake area. It's the one that got away for me, and perhaps I should consider running it again now that I have 7 years of DMing experience...

Hussar

Legend
Dragon-heist as a dm.

Candlekeep Mysteries as a DM.

Storm kings thunder as a player.

Soon to finish Hoard of the Dragon Queen as a player.

Remove ads