Polyhedron # 155: Delta Green for CoC or d20 Modern?

Shapermc

First Post
Joe, you would have to do some heavy convincing to get me to think that d20M is something more than an overhyped broken system that bogs down gameplay even more than D&D. Please don't try to do it on this thread. I do expect to share the same opinions as other people. I may be wrong, who knows. But I dont go and ask abou thow easy it is to run this D20M scenario with a Shogoth in it and add sanity points. That is what was bugging me.

This jadded ness is mainly spouting from the CoC forum at the WotC site. It seems that 90% of the people that post there came from somewhere else to use it as their CoC to d20M conversion forum. I should probably stop posting there, but it is one of the few places that actually has active CoC conversations that I have found. I can also tell people who come looking for adivce on starting CoC some real advice, not "go buy d20M and use the rules from that. It is much easier."

Your still welcome to my house any time for Soup and CoC Joe! (I might even let you run d20M ;))

Wraith Form

Explorer
Shaper...

Yeah, I've been over to the WotC CoC boards often, posting here and there, and I agree--it's a "convert to d20M" festival over there.

Anytime you want to have a decent discussion about "regular" CoC stuff, give me a holla. (Oh, but I prefer the Chaosium system to d20Cthulhu, so.......)

I'm currently running a one-shot with some friends from the Chaosium book "Secrets"--I'm doing the first adventure with the ghouls (aaack, forgot the name of it!).

So far it's been cool. My players have read some Lovecraft, and we just finished a short d20 D&D game, but they never played CoC before. I, on the other hand, have been a CoC fanatic since the early '90's when I was introduced to it as a player. Then the X-Files mania hit--and it was all over. I daresay I have almost every Chaosium and Pagan book published now, and covet them in a most hideously Gollum-like manner.

Uh, but, yeah...anyways. Kinda off-topic.

I didn't think the Polyhedron DG adventure was actually all that good, personally. Too...I dunno...tame, I suppose.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Don't get me wrong - personally, I don't want d20 Modern chocolate in my d20 CoC peanut butter. :)

Using d20 Modern with CoC- eh, to each his own, I say. It's a game that meant to be fun, and if that would be fun for the folks who want to do, I say go for it! :) The tools for the folks who do want to use d20 Modern with d20 CoC are certainly there in the D&D appendix - just add salt & pepper to taste (along with a few Modern tweaks).

Wizards boards - let's just say I prefer to spend my time here at En World. :) While the WotC boards are nowhere near being the cesspool that is RPGNet, the age difference between me and the average WotC board member has become just a little too noticeable lately. Edit: But I still think they're for the most part a good bunch of kids :)

(Shaper: Be careful what you wish for. I've been thinking about taking a trip down to New Orleans for couple of years now....)

Last edited:

Shapermc

First Post
jaerdaph said:
(Shaper: Be careful what you wish for. I've been thinking about taking a trip down to New Orleans for couple of years now....)
Hey if your willing to sleep on a couch you got a free place to stay! I'll just convince my wife that I know you ;) No but seriously if you are going to come down, shoot me an email or PM and you got a place to stay.

Shapermc

First Post
Carl Stanford said:
Hi Shaper,

If you love CoC and Delta Green and live in New Orleans than I hope that you´ve read all the DG email intercepts.

If not, go and read them NOW!

The link:
http://www.sanderdolphin.com/px/id18.htm
So umm I am confused Carl... Is that about what a gaming group did that meets in N.O. or is that just a game set in N.O.?

Please help I am currently with only a very small group. An interesting read none the less.

Carl Stanford

First Post
Remember that DG computer game that was shelved? The first chapter of that game takes place in New Orleans.

The "leaked" email intercepts are about this first chapter DG op and were a marketing tool to make people interested in the computer game.

But the emails are so well written that you can replay that op in your p&p DG games and use the emails as handouts. All the internet links, place names etc. are real.

I thought that you might be interested in them as you are a CoC GM and live in NO.

Carl Stanford

First Post
Shapermc said:
This jadded ness is mainly spouting from the CoC forum at the WotC site. It seems that 90% of the people that post there came from somewhere else to use it as their CoC to d20M conversion forum. I should probably stop posting there, but it is one of the few places that actually has active CoC conversations that I have found.

There is a new forum, dedicated to Delta Green, at;
http://dgopsw.proboards13.com/index.cgi

It is just starting but it might grow out to become a very interesting CoC Modern / DG discusssion board.

Shapermc

First Post
Carl Stanford said:
Remember that DG computer game that was shelved? The first chapter of that game takes place in New Orleans.

The "leaked" email intercepts are about this first chapter DG op and were a marketing tool to make people interested in the computer game.

But the emails are so well written that you can replay that op in your p&p DG games and use the emails as handouts. All the internet links, place names etc. are real.

I thought that you might be interested in them as you are a CoC GM and live in NO.
I try not to run games in the location that I live in... I had a bad experience with too much meta gaming when I lived in chicago.
None the less it was still a good read.

Remove ads