• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Polymorph Ideas?

Xanterith

First Post
I have two player types that I have been casting polymorph on - a fighter and a pally's mount.

I have been morphing the fighter into either A) A Treant or B) a Fire Giant and the mount into A) A Dire Bear or B) a Griffin.

I'm looking for some new ideas as these are getting played out. Any suggestions? For the fighter I would like to keep it high strength humonoidish (able to wield a sword), and for the mount 4 legged mountable.

Xanterith

First Post
I like the hydra idea, it's just a little slow for the campaign we are in (paladin is very movement oriented). However, in a tight situation it could be devastating - charge and 12 attacks? Ouch.....

Iku Rex

Explorer
For humanoid forms the Firbolg (MM2), Cave Troll (MM3) and War Troll (!)(MM3) are the best available.

From the MM the Annis (hag) and Stone Giant are good forms. (In addition to those you mentioned).

As for the mount, I'm not sure. How many HD does it have?

Remove ads