PoPP - Taron Sanvin (01)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
You wake slowly, the pain in your leg excruciating and with no idea for how long you've slept . . . or more accurately, been insensible. You remember the storm, remember clearly the ship foundering on the treacherous rocks around the small island. Your memories of the time immediately following are somewhat more vague, but you seem to recall dragging yourself off of the beach and into the jungle, finding a shallow depression in the undergrowth and sandy soil and rolling into it, dragging a few fallen palm fronds in on top of you.

A noise awakens you . . . stealthy footsteps moving through the brush.

OOC: Still working on the HL class. Closing in on finishing it, but I've got enough (I think) for it to work for you at your current level. Just have to finish up the Rogue Talents. I'm e-mailing you the file with all of my custom classes. You'll build the character as a Cleric with the 'Chantry Agent' archetype.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Taron, though startled, works to not make any sudden movements or sounds. Feeling somewhat safe within the shallow depression with fallen palm fronds covering the form of his body, he carefully unsheaths his dagger with slow, deliberate movements. With a careful check of the fronds he tilts his head to better see what is coming from the direction of the noise, hoping to remain concealed for the moment.

[sblock=OOC]

Taron will try to remain concealed, watching for what approaches to identify if it is friend or foe.

Stealth Check -- 1d20+6=26
Perception -- 1d20+7=10

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Your efforts to remain hidden are plainly successful, as the creator of the sounds moves within feet of your hiding place without stopping. However, you are unable to catch more than a glimpse of multi-tone gray skin above hobnail boots.

IronWolf

blank
Taron does a slow count to ten as he allows the moving figure to pass by his spot, gauging the person's movement such that they will be some distance past his frond covered depression. As he counts silently he listens for any signs of anyone else following behind. Assuming he hears nothing he will keep his dagger in hand and slowly shift to give him a better view of the individual before making any big moves.

[sblock=OOC]

I am thinking a perception to see if Taron thinks it is only one person, stealth check again for making more movement to get a better viewing position and another perception for a better look from new position in the depression? Let me know if you want a different check.

First Perception -- 1d20+7=13
Stealth for moving in depression -- 1d20+6=19
Second Perception for better look -- 1d20+7=27

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Once more, your efforts to remain quiet are successful and it appears you are unnoticed by the passing creature. What's more, you manage to get a look at him . . . not too difficult, as he's about the largest man you've ever seen. He's easily seven feet tall and looks to weigh over 300 pounds. For all that, he moves stealthily himself and plainly has a purpose in mind.

His distance from your blind increases fairly quickly, and as you attempt to continue your observations another anomaly begins to intrude on your awareness. From the direction of the beach, almost drowned out by the sounds of jungle and surf, you hear a voice. "WHAT'S THIS?! TRAITORS! MUTINEERS!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The pounding surf serves to mask any sound you might make as you make your way to the shore. Peering through the undergrowth, you see a small camp - four just rousing from sleep and beginning to sit up and take in their surroundings, and two women confronting a glowing skeletal figure in the garb of a ships captain. As you arrive, one of the women - a Tiefling - draws a scimitar and lets out a hellishly loud scream. The other, and attractive redhead, shrinks back from the screaming one.

The apparition appears unaffected by the woman's scream, but it definitely makes note of her scimitar! "You would draw steel on me, on your captain!? Mutiny! What have you done with my Anamshara?"

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Taron continues to watch from the shoreline as the exchange plays out, carefully swapping out the dagger he drew earlier for his rapier. He also does a quick check the of holy symbol about his neck as he watches, listening.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The dark headed woman - the Tiefling - lowers her sword and speaks a few words just too softly for you to make out. The apparition holds out a clawed hand, and speaks much more clearly. "Anamshara . . . give her to me now and I may decide to spare your miserable traitorous life!"

From the bedding around the driftwood fire, a pale skinned man with longish blond hair stands and brandishes a glaive. Light blue runes glow faintly on his skin. Others are stirring as well, but are not as quick to rouse.

Remove ads