• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Popular/Famous D&D/D20 HOMEBREW Fantasy Campaigns (Please Vote)

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:

Well, you can't actually nominate your own campaign setting, but posting a link to it here so that people can decide if they want to nominate your setting is all right, I guess.

However, you need a semi-official website to be included. I don't know if a link to a downloadable file is enough of an online presence. (i take it you don't have a campaign website?)

Actually, I do:

Urbis - A World of Cities

The link I posted above does lead to my homepage as well...

Regardless, Urbis might find a following through this thread.

Carnifex

First Post
Cheers Dave_o :D Good to know people reckon it's good :)

I do have a website, sorta ;) You see, I run the game online at one of the boards of www.roleplayinggames.net, and the Campaign Details and Game Notes sections of my gameboard have a lot of info on the world. Of course I have a lot of info in my House Rules thread here at the ENboards as well as of course the Story Hour.

So I only 'kinda' have a website - don't know if it counts. It's here:

http://www.roleplayinggames.net/cgi-bin/viewboard.cgi?&board=60#messages

- with the Game Notes and Campaign Details buttons on the menu leading to those bits. I suppose I could put up all the info from my House Rules thread onto the Game Notes if that'd make it more viable as an entry ;)

To those who read my Story Hour, sorry I haven't updated for a while! I've been really busy writing Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks for Horade Publishing, once I've got that done I'll be picking up the thread again :D

Cheers for emailing me about this thread, Knightfall1972 :)

dave_o

Explorer
Dude, it's SO good. Your whole concept of Manipulators have had me itching to play a geneiticist PC forever. Especially with the Origin of Species spells from ELH.

Mmm. :D

BTW, if you ever, EVER need a new character LOOK ME UP!

Yeah, Urbis and Faded Glory are two campaign's that I also like. I've recommended folks take a look at Urbis before. I didn't know Faded Glory had a website, though -- I thought it was just a story hour. One my my favorite story hours, I might add. ;)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ok, I'm in the process of updating the list with the latest votes. Wyre has the most with three, and I've decided that my examples shouldn't 'automatically' be on the list. That would be like me voting three times, and it's a little arrogant of me to assume that everyone knows about those camapign settings.

However, a Homebrew Campaign Settings (HBCS) that was on the original list, which has received a vote is now on the Vote List. This includes Monte Cook's Ptolus (voted for by ArthurQ), Piratecat's Spira and Michael Morris' Dusk (both voted for by GreyShadow).

Here are the other now non-official HBCSs that were previously on The List. None of these have received an official vote yet. (Since I'm a judge, I can't vote for them.)

============================
Aquela -- James Wyatt
Bloodlines: World of Destiny -- Andy Collins
Galovinius -- Darrin "Baraendur" Drader
Night -- James Wyatt
Umber: Realm of Fading Glory -- Andy Collins
World of Inzeladun -- Vincent N. Darlage
============================

When one of these HBCSs gets a vote, I'll add it to the vote list.

Cheers!

KF72

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
GreyShadow said:
seasong's Theralis

D'Shai's Icemist and Beyond: Small Beginnings. Not sure if it has a website thou.

All right, seasong and D'Shai's HBCSs both get a vote thanks to Greyshadow.

Jürgen Hubert said:

Excellent!

Joshua Dyal said:
Yeah, Urbis and Faded Glory are two campaign's that I also like. I've recommended folks take a look at Urbis before. I didn't know Faded Glory had a website, though -- I thought it was just a story hour. One my my favorite story hours, I might add. ;)

And thats another vote for Faded Glory (already counted) and the first vote for Urbis. (See Jürgen, I knew it wouldn't take long.) ;)

Carnifex said:
Cheers Dave_o :D Good to know people reckon it's good :)

I do have a website, sorta ;) You see, I run the game online at one of the boards of www.roleplayinggames.net, and the Campaign Details and Game Notes sections of my gameboard have a lot of info on the world. Of course I have a lot of info in my House Rules thread here at the ENboards as well as of course the Story Hour.

So I only 'kinda' have a website - don't know if it counts. It's here:

http://www.roleplayinggames.net/cgi-bin/viewboard.cgi?&board=60#messages

- with the Game Notes and Campaign Details buttons on the menu leading to those bits. I suppose I could put up all the info from my House Rules thread onto the Game Notes if that'd make it more viable as an entry ;)

To those who read my Story Hour, sorry I haven't updated for a while! I've been really busy writing Steam & Steel: A Guide to Fantasy Steamworks for Horade Publishing, once I've got that done I'll be picking up the thread again :D

I would say that your website counts. A website doesn't have to be fancy or have its own domain name. You have more than just an online messageboard there, which is great. And while you don't have to post your House rules on your page, it would be cool for fans of your HBCS to see that stuff. Of course, you might not want to let your players see too much.

Cheers for emailing me about this thread, Knightfall1972 :)

Your welcome and do you prefer to simply be "Carnifex" or have your real name on the list like I did with Piratecat's name. (Same question for the rest of the HBCS designers/authors.

Cheers!

KF72

Gez

First Post
I've my own world, but my web draft of it is so old I would really be ashamed of pimping it. I'll vote for Wyre. There's a grandiose feel to the setting, and I like Vancian wizards.

Carnifex

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:

I would say that your website counts. A website doesn't have to be fancy or have its own domain name. You have more than just an online messageboard there, which is great. And while you don't have to post your House rules on your page, it would be cool for fans of your HBCS to see that stuff. Of course, you might not want to let your players see too much.

Your welcome and do you prefer to simply be "Carnifex" or have your real name on the list like I did with Piratecat's name. (Same question for the rest of the HBCS designers/authors.

:) I might go and put up the House Rules stuff on the Game Notes, or at least a link (it would make sense after all :) ).

Might as well use my real name, Chris Allen :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads