• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pork Roll - have you heard of it?

dontpunkme

First Post
So at my work there's this new person from Tennesee. We were chatting today and the topic of food came up. I mentioned how I could have killed for a good pork roll sandwhich right then. And she gives me a look somewhere between confusion and fear. So I try to quickly smooth things over and tell her I'm not serious (how do I know people from TN aren't just really literal) and that I wouldn't kill anyone for a pork roll sandwhich (which was a lie, but I didn't want her putting my name on some terrorist watch list). She tells me she knows (not literal, but gullible) I wasn't going to actually kill someone, but what is pork roll. And boom, it hits me. She has no idea what porkroll is (only the 3rd finest form of pork available right behind bacon and rib). So that got me thinking, how many other people out there don't know what pork roll is? How many people do? Where do you live as is this a geographic thing or just a not versed in the art of pork eating.

From NY and never heard of it . . . I'm guessing either BBQ pork on a kaiser roll (umm, umm good) or some form of calzone?

It may be confined to a local area of NJ?

Shemeska

Adventurer
I'm familiar with it, and it's yummy. However that may be because I came from NJ and much of my family still lives up there. I've not heard the term used in my 20 years here in NC.

Here in NC you can buy it, but it's called Taylor Ham. It's not commonly available though in my experience. And damnit I'm sorely tempted to go buy some now despite it being 3am because I randomly saw it the other day when I went to the food store. I don't think that I've had it in over ten years.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads