Porting feats, prestige classes into C&C

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I might be converting my Midwood campaign to C&C for the sequel. I expect that about half of the crew will be fine, or even more than fine, converting characters over to C&C classes from 3.5 (some of the multiclassing choices will be a lot more supported under the new/old system, for instance), but at least two players really love all the 3.5 prestige classes and tweaking their characters (despite the fact that we level slowly in a pbp game and it's mostly been theoretical to date).

So if we go with C&C, I'd like to make sure that the stuff they love about the prestige classes, feats and even unsupported classes stays with their characters to a certain extent.

For instance, I'm thinking of making the warlock's eldritch blast (a highly unoptimized abjurer is now picking up levels of warlock as a sign his character is mutating into something else) into, effectively, a magic item that he can't take off and -- to provide a little balance instead of just a weapon he can't have taken away from him -- it takes up both of his ring slots, preventing him from ever gaining the benefit of any magical ring.

I'm similarly trying to boil down the benefits of other feats and prestige classes, and either swapping them for C&C class benefits, or making them magic item replacements for the characters.

Does anyone have experience doing something similar with C&C in the past?

tenkar

Old School Blogger
I believe Treebore has done so in one way or another, at least for the feats.

He's more active on the Troll Lord Forums I think... might want to ask this question there

slwoyach

First Post
I will also have to search through the troll lord forums, as I'm thinking of trying to mix 2e with 3e feats. I'd love to see any work someone else has done to give me an idea on how to go about it.

Remove ads