• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possible American Gothic movie and new series

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Saw this on another site. Thought some here might find it interesting.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/3561.html

He’s been busier than a nymphette at Christmas over the last few years, with roles in those Brady Bunch films and guest-spots on series like The West Wing, but Gary Cole’s never fit as snugly into a role as he did Sheriff Lucas Buck on TV’s American Gothic.

The bad news? Cole’s not likely to do the unavoidable The Brady Bunch go to Afghanistan telemovie. The good news? He’s signed to reprise his role as the devilish sheriff for the previously mooted American Gothic : The Movie. Heck, how could they have done a movie without the guy!?

Producer Craig Marquardo (Sway] says Cole was on board the moment he heard that it was a go picture.

The film which will be a re-telling of the events of the television series has also signed original cast members Brenda Bakke, Nick Searcy and Jake Weber. It’s believed many of the other original players including young Lucas Black, who’s now too old to play the role of the child, Caleb will be replaced. Sam Raimi is circling the film as a possible directing gig.

The hold up on the film has been the pending sale of Universal to NBC. But according to The Hollywood Reporter, that’s being sorted out as we speak. After several months of exploration, the Federal Trade Commission informed both sides Tuesday that it will not oppose the combination of General Electric's NBC unit and Vivendi Universal's entertainment operation. European regulators had already given the transaction the go-ahead. NBC and Vivendi Uni said in statements late Tuesday that they plan to complete the merger within "the next few weeks."

American Gothic aired from September 1995 to July 1996. Executive Prodced by Sam Raimi and Robert G. Tapert and created by Shaun Cassidy, it told the story of a charming small-town Sheriff who seems to be posses a hellish power that’s used on anyone who gets in the way of his plans. It was axed after only one season, but developed quite a following in that short amount of time.

It’s planned that a new season of the series will follow the eventual film.

Oh, yes, I remember the series. It even aired in Germany. Unfortunately, I was never able to see all episodes (at least, I don`t hink I did.) because of a terrible time slot. (at least for me at that age)
Very interesting news, though it is a bit sad that some of the old characters will need new actors - the boy who played Caleb was good. (IIRC)

Mustrum Ridcully

Jamdin

Explorer
I watched every episode of American Gothic and loved it. I cannot wait to see the movie but hope they will answer a few questions that the series never did.

Remove ads