• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possible DDI News...

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Ist that It? :(
I am a bit disappointed is that is all they were working on, I would like to see some progress on other tools. Or even better uses of the online nature of Dungeon and Dragon. Like printable battlemaps for modules.

I suppose they probably had to re code the character builder anyway. So I suppose no more 5 updates per subscirption.
I would like to see some kind of DM sub, if they are going that way to allow for a nominal fee CB only access for 5 players with all character sheets in the same cloud storage. So that the DM can view and edit the character sheets.

Pbartender

First Post
I would like to see some kind of DM sub, if they are going that way to allow for a nominal fee CB only access for 5 players with all character sheets in the same cloud storage. So that the DM can view and edit the character sheets.

Th easiest way to implement that would be to set up a social-networking style "friends" network... You could have access to view your friends' characters, but perhaps not to edit them.

Keldryn

Adventurer
Scribble said:
Me too actually.

this increases the number of computers I can use it on, and allows friends with Macs to access it as well.

Also possibly ipads? Dunno if they can access silverlight stuff?

Unfortunately, iPads cannot run Silverlight. Just Windows, Macs, and Linux (with a 3rd party hack).

Riley

Legend
Supporter
So their big announcement is that they're now going to offer us... Less?

Well, that will save me several dollars a month.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I am annoyed at, but understand, why it is internet only.

Of course, I am annoyed at Silverlight, but we kind of knew their dedication to MS with the original character builder. =(

Our groups plays where we all have wireless internet access so bing internet only will not really affect us, but we do use IPlay4E, which rocks, so I hope that the API or Exporting option gets remedied quickly.

Being able to print out or PDF characters is going to be very important for those who do not have internet access for their game places.

Scribble

First Post
I am a bit disappointed is that is all they were working on, I would like to see some progress on other tools. Or even better uses of the online nature of Dungeon and Dragon. Like printable battlemaps for modules.

In another thread PaoloM hints at other web tools in various states of completion, that will be rolling out.

H doesn't hint at what they are, but this is just one of them.

Ktulu

First Post
ist that it? :(
i am a bit disappointed is that is all they were working on, i would like to see some progress on other tools. Or even better uses of the online nature of dungeon and dragon. Like printable battlemaps for modules.

I suppose they probably had to re code the character builder anyway. So i suppose no more 5 updates per subscirption.
I would like to see some kind of dm sub, if they are going that way to allow for a nominal fee cb only access for 5 players with all character sheets in the same cloud storage. So that the dm can view and edit the character sheets.
ninja'd by the scribble!

Last edited:

CovertOps

First Post
Huh... I definitely have mixed feelings about this. My biggest reservation is the fact that the place we game at, the host's computer is like 200 years old and it takes about an hour to run the offline CB as it is. I fear that it will take even longer for his piece of crap box to do anything with an online CB, and he's one of those guys that becomes paralyzed without it now that he has gotten used to it.

.NET is very heavy weight. It runs slow on my pretty fast machines. I've run Silverlight apps and they are much faster so I'd expect that to be LESS of a problem. The only possible downside is if he's running dial-up.

I suppose they probably had to re code the character builder anyway. So I suppose no more 5 updates per subscirption.

The above mentioned "export" functionality will solve your problem (or the evil shared password - not that I'm recommending that).

I won't miss laptops at the table instead of character sheets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads