• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possible Scoop...Tiefling Page

Aage

First Post
dm4hire said:
Anyone else notice it lists three preferred classes instead of one?

The elf article did too, I believe.

elf -> Ranger, Rogue, Cleric
tiefling -> Warlord, Warlock, Rogue

Seems likely that all races will get three "favoured" classes...

Aage said:

Now if we only knew what that means...

Aage

First Post
Fifth Element said:
Now if we only knew what that means...

My guess is that it doesn't mean anything, other than:

Elfs (+dex and +wis) are good rogues because Dexterity is important to rogues, clerics because wisdom is important to clerics and rangers because they have great us of both wis and dex..

Races are a better fit for certain classes, but it doesn't provide a mechanical bonus/penalty...

dm4hire

Explorer
Aage said:

Looks like rogue might be the class every race has preference toward as in previous editions.

Pbartender

First Post
I find it amusing that "Tiefling-crafted arms and armor often have an archaic style" even though the sword, knife and shield in the accompanying illustration look more like something a 24th Century Klingon would use.

:D

Voss

First Post
Pretty good crunch. Still dislike the fluff.
I'm struggling a bit with the cerebral, yet bloodthirsty angle.

I wonder if this means that warlord is going to rely on Int or Chr, and then the other stat and str...

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Chris_Nightwing said:
"Random is a Tiefling Rogue.."

Random, seriously?

I like it! WAYYYYYYYYY back when in 1983 when playing D&D, one of the players made a mage named Sphere. At first I thought 'How Gay!'. After a while it really grew on me. I like direct names like that a lot now. One of the best Ultima Online characters I had was named Is. Which has subsequently become an NPC in my campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads