• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Possible website feedback? I'll take anything.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
One thing that you can do to help search is to have the titles of your various encounters mention the system they are designed for.

Instead of: Death and Darkness
Maybe: Death and Darkness - an encounter designed for 5th level D&D

aco175

Legend
I like the ideas, but like what others were saying , you need something to tell me that it is for D&D or 5e or whatever. I needed to look around before I saw something for Count Stroud.

The base text tells me a good base to work from in that it gives a good idea, but it does not help in fleshing things out. I saw one page on a portal from another place opens and you need to close it. I thought it was a bit like the Warcraft movie, but something on who is coming through or how to close the portal would help. Better if there was some level guidelines as well with maybe orcs in tier 1 and giants in tier 2 or such. Maybe some modifications to monsters to make them a bit unique, like the frost giants that come through the portal can shoot cold blasts like an oni, or just the leaders of the giants.

twdockery

Villager
Glad to help, and welcome to the board. 6 months ago, I would have thought Twitter and instagram would be enough. Can't comment on the current landscape, though -- maybe just insta?

I also realize I left one thought incomplete -- you want to sign your art because it's yours. Don't be shy. Even if you aren't monetizing, you don't want OTHER PEOPLE to do so. So I think you should put a copyright notice and say whether you mind people reposting your images, etc. (I am not a Lawyer, etc.)
Not really something I would have ever considered... I don't even know what to say about that... It just literally never crossed my mind

twdockery

Villager
As someone who regularly does image modifications, I always tell people that they should ALWAYS sign their art, and not just in one corner - if possible, work your signature into the art itself somewhere close to the main focus of the image so that simply cropping a pic can't be used to remove it.
Given the complexity of your work, it should be easy to work your signature unobtrusively into the background patterning (for example, in the scrollwork on the decanter or the deck of illusions) near the center of whatever you happen to be illustrating...

As an aside, always put the "©️Date YourName" text on the pics. (In some places, simply placing the copyright text on a pic is enough to establish copyright.) If you ever want a website to take down one of your images that someone posted without your permission, you're going to need to be able to produce the original image with the copyright text on it to even begin to prove that it's yours.
I am swearing at myself. I guess I just never thought anyone would care. The visual is just something to grab the interest. Thanks, I'll make that happen

twdockery

Villager
One thing that you can do to help search is to have the titles of your various encounters mention the system they are designed for.

Instead of: Death and Darkness
Maybe: Death and Darkness - an encounter designed for 5th level D&D
That makes sense. Some of these could be used generically and I was a little worried with all the SRD kerfuffle that it might turn people away.

Of course, "what people?" is a fair question.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That makes sense. Some of these could be used generically and I was a little worried with all the SRD kerfuffle that it might turn people away.

Of course, "what people?" is a fair question.

If you don't want to mention D&D you should still mention the genre and TTRPGs.

Right now looking at the headline and blurb I don't know if you are recapping your own sessions or creating encounters for others.

twdockery

Villager
I like the ideas, but like what others were saying , you need something to tell me that it is for D&D or 5e or whatever. I needed to look around before I saw something for Count Stroud.

The base text tells me a good base to work from in that it gives a good idea, but it does not help in fleshing things out. I saw one page on a portal from another place opens and you need to close it. I thought it was a bit like the Warcraft movie, but something on who is coming through or how to close the portal would help. Better if there was some level guidelines as well with maybe orcs in tier 1 and giants in tier 2 or such. Maybe some modifications to monsters to make them a bit unique, like the frost giants that come through the portal can shoot cold blasts like an oni, or just the leaders of the giants.
Thank you, that is excellent advice. Looks like I showed up to the soapbox derby with a skateboard. I'll need to make some future considerations for sure! Thank you so much.

twdockery

Villager
If you don't want to mention D&D you should still mention the genre and TTRPGs.

Right now looking at the headline and blurb I don't know if you are recapping your own sessions or creating encounters for others.
I think that its a very good point.

I have a fair amount of content in the can (It should release every Mon, Wed, Friday through 2024) but if people don't know what is coming or how it could be useful, then its just wasted time. I'll need to spice things up and clear things up for the viewers.

This is all so good. Thank you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads