Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

possum

First Post
What good is the moonlight
The silvery moonlight that shines above?
I walk with my shadow
I talk with my echo
But where is the one I love?

We'll Meet Again: The Inkspots

An abandoned radio sits inside a house, playing a long-forgotten song. A promotional pamphlet advertising "The District" is shown to be laying on the table next to it. Several two story buildings full of stores are shown, with a multi-story hotel with the name "Tiger" brightly illuminated. A man in a suit and fedora smiles at the entire scene.

We're outside the house now, and staring at a nightmarish scene. The same street from the brochure, but in rubble. Several of the two story buildings have collapsed somewhat, spewing their debris out onto the street. The Tiger Hotel still stands tall, but large sections of the building have been ripped away from the facade, showing empty rooms from far away. A being walks into view, his body clad in dark fray armor. The head is a frightening mask with two "horns" flowing from the back of the head.

War, war never changes.

Near the end of the 21st century, humanity reached the end of its million year march towards self-destruction. Their worst weapons were unleashed in two hours of hell. Those that could afford it or deemed necessary for survival were saved from the worst of it. For over a century, nestled deep in the hills of Hartsburg in central Missouri, your ancestors lived in Vault #45.

Life in the Vault is a lesson in monotony. Every day has the same tasks as the day before, each one of you assigned your job for life at the age of 16 thanks to the GOAT aptitude test. This day, it will all change...

possum

First Post
It's evening now in Vault 45, the majority of the citizens are now getting out of their jobs for the day and are headed to their quarters to rest up before dinner is served in the cafeteria. Some however, are headed to the recreation area to get their exercise for the day. The recent small tremors in the area have unsettled some, but the Overseer has frequently reminded the population that there is nothing major to worry about. All in all, it is a normal day.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Isaias Bing scratches the back of his head, while moaning in front of a cup of hot coffee. He was taking a break from the engineering room, but the black thing wasn't helping him. Was it even coffee? Isaias knew it was some sort of chemical imitation, but anyhow he felt that it could help. He eyes the room of the cafeteria tiredly.

Felix1459

First Post
Chase was debating on whether or not he should go to the recreation hall or to the cafeteria. Hunger ended up trumping any need for physical exertion so he wandered into the cafeteria line wondering what they were serving. As he waited he wondered if what they were having was even the correct name for what they were eating. It was thoughts like this that kept him awake some nights. But since he was getting these thougts out of the way earlier than usual, perhaps he'd be able to sleep soundly tonight. He started to scan the cafeteria to see of he saw anyone that he wanted to sit next to or if anyone would rise their hand or wave at him, indicating that they were saving him a seat.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Alicia Taliaferro was feeling restless today, but unsure why since today was really like any other. After pretty much knowing the results of her GOAT before even taking it, her new career in the Vault has already lost some of its new luster. It was another routine day working out of the security office, reviewing some reports and making rounds. Still a little young and fresh, they haven’t really given her anything importance to be responsible for yet.

Coming off shift she headed to the recreation area for a workout, doing some stretching and flexibility routines, light training on the weights, and finishing off with some cardio. Feeling better, she is no longer fretting about not getting to fire on the range yet again. She heads to the showers and gets cleaned up, before heading to grab some chow at the cafeteria.

After getting her tray and taking a seat she sees Chase Adams, an adventurous sort, looking for a place. She doesn’t really know him, but perhaps he has something interesting going on. Normally the non-security personnel are a little wary of her kind, but maybe it will be different because she’s new and a girl. She decides to give it a try, “Care to sit?”

Alicia2-small.png

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Winston's back slightly aches. How should I know what causes the tremors. Any time they have a problem, I should look for it. D@mn, I bring new bulbs, I'm no scientist. Having moved behind maintenance panels for most of the day, he just wanted to go back to his tent. Yes a tent. Most laugh about him having a tent in his room, but what do they know...

Felix1459

First Post
[sblock=Chase]
Gamer-Logan-Lerman-Foto-Dal-Film-16_mid.jpg
[/sblock]
As Chase walked with his plate full he heard a voice ask him if he wanted to sit. Looking over and seeing a good looking girl motioning to him...who was he to refuse? He makes his way over to her and sits down next to her. He thinks back to try to think where he had seen her before but he can't quite put a face to the name but he doesn't let that stop him. "Hi there. Name's Chase. Not to be rude but, have we met?" as he says this he flashes a smile and sits down setting his tray down and sticking his hand out for her to shake it. [sblock=OOC: ]What job do you think he'd be assigned in the vault? Any suggestions?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hey Win" called the man behind Winston. "How's the engineering going without me? Found anything about those tremors? Weird things I say."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Surprised and potentially relieved that the young man doesn’t really recognize her, Alicia takes his hand, “Name’s Alicia. I have seen you around working the garbage detail. The security chief doesn’t appear to like you very much. You are welcome to join me.”

She looks freshly showered and her hair is loose, not in its customary pony tail when working. She peers at the usual fare on her tray with a sigh, wishing that she could try some seafood that she read about in a book once. It was supposed to be very tasty.

<<OOC: Does this help Felix1459?>>

Alicia2-small.png

Last edited:

Felix1459

First Post
Chase runs her name back and forth through his head but coming out blank he says "Nice to meet you Alicia. Can't complain too much about the garbage detail. Actually I can. It seems if you don't know exactly what you want to do they just say 'y'know you'd be good at garbage detail.' I mean if your not an engineer or if you're not interested in security it's garbage detail. But whatever. How's security treating you? Keeping the criminals at bay?" Chase begins eating while as he waits for her response. He wonders how old she is and tries not to make it too obvious as he checks her out.

Remove ads