• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post Apocalypse Travel From England to France then to Spain

Someone

Adventurer
Dan R.Stevenson said:
What are armories called in Spain?

I have some (limited) info on that. It´s extremely difficult to get a license to carry a concealed gun and the law is restrictive (to the point of being stupid) on how you have to keep them at home. Normally people only but them for two purposes: hunting and sport. Even then, guns are much less popular in spain than the states, so few, if any, shops selling guns exclusively exist. I´ve certainly seen none.

That´s of course not counting black market. But that´s outside of what you wanted to know.

Dan R.Stevenson

First Post
Someone said:
hunting and sport. Even then, guns are much less popular in spain than the states, so few, if any, shops selling guns exclusively exist. I´ve certainly seen none.

That´s of course not counting black market. But that´s outside of what you wanted to know.

I was more or less looking for police, military, and national guard armories in Spain and France

Dan R.Stevenson

First Post
Does anyone in UK have any information on territorial army bases near cities? I was thinking of having the English survivors holding out in a secured barracks. Secured with barbed wire, land mines, claymores (Not the swords...LoL), and of course fixed posistions on the roof of the barracks. The crazies know not to go where the soldiers can see them. They try to ambush anyone coming into or leaving the compound.

What I am looking for is:
1) Number of buildings and their purpose
2) The number of people that could exist in one of the barracks
3) What type of vehicles would be present
4) Are the bases walled or fenced in
5) Do they have an independent power supply

bastrak

First Post
Most UK cities and large towns have some sort of Territorial Army presence. Usually a drill hall in a enclosed compound with wall or chain link fence topped with razor wire. As they contain an armory, construction is heavy and defensibility would be high.

I think you need someone from the TA for the level of detail you are looking for. However I would imagine they have an independant power supply in the form of a petrol generator. Military vehicles might be present depending on the size of the facility, however these are probably soft-skinned and not likely to be armoured. The armory would mainly be small arms. I am not sure what heavy weapons would be present and I imagine this would vary acording to the size of the facility.

IMO though given the circumstances the PCs would have to be verging on insane to travel to Spain via France, when the shortest and safest route from the UK is directly to Spain by sea. A trip through the Channel Tunnel in particular would in all probability be a deathtrap.

Dan R.Stevenson

First Post
bastrak said:
IMO though given the circumstances the PCs would have to be verging on insane to travel to Spain via France, when the shortest and safest route from the UK is directly to Spain by sea. A trip through the Channel Tunnel in particular would in all probability be a deathtrap.

I am starting to lean towards having the French and British link up somewhere on the French coast. Some of the missions will involve collecting supplies for the journey others will involve locating the boats to get them to Spain. Once in Spain they will have to locate suitable transportation and then fight their way to the rural areas.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Dan R.Stevenson said:
I am starting to lean towards having the French and British link up somewhere on the French coast. Some of the missions will involve collecting supplies for the journey others will involve locating the boats to get them to Spain. Once in Spain they will have to locate suitable transportation and then fight their way to the rural areas.
Now that I've had some time to think about it, their best bet is to grab a jumbo jet and fly down to Bermuda or someplace like that. Of course, that assumes that one of the survivors can fly the thing. (Let the French go over to England and meet up with them at Heathrow or wherever.)

I wonder if a government spider has crawled this page and flagged it for review, yet. Link-ups, missions, coasts, maps, armories, cruise ships, black market firearms, blow up bridges, tunnels, et cetera. Surely we've attracted some sort of notice... :)

Andor

First Post
Philotomy Jurament said:
I wonder if a government spider has crawled this page and flagged it for review, yet. Link-ups, missions, coasts, maps, armories, cruise ships, black market firearms, blow up bridges, tunnels, et cetera. Surely we've attracted some sort of notice... :)

Shhhhhh.... <<....>> Everybody knows this is just a harmless game, and we're not actually going to release a mind affecting super-plague...

The black goat skips three times then becomes the moon.

KenSeg

First Post
<Shhhhhh.... <<....>> Everybody knows this is just a harmless game, and we're not actually going to release a mind affecting super-plague...>

Actually, looking around at the people mulling about town today, I think that they have already released the mind affecting super-plague. :p

-KenSeg
Gaming since 1978

Kwitchit

First Post
Again, stealing the Belfast would be the way to go. It's only 50 years out of date, after all, so could defeat pretty much anything you'd encounter. The only problem would be finding ammo for the guns (12x 6-inch heavy guns, plus LOADS of AA). Fuel should be easy- I think Belfast is a steam ship, so the engines should run on most things with a little modification.

Remove ads