• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post ENnies Judges thread

PatrickLawinger

First Post
Monkey God doesn't necessarily have a huge internet presence, but this doesn't mean that they don't have good products. I believe I have seen a number of their products in various gaming stores. In other words, they are in distribution, do sell modules, but don't have the internet presence (at least at ENWorld) that some of the other companies do.

PatrickLawinger said:
Monkey God doesn't necessarily have a huge internet presence, but this doesn't mean that they don't have good products. I believe I have seen a number of their products in various gaming stores. In other words, they are in distribution, do sell modules, but don't have the internet presence (at least at ENWorld) that some of the other companies do.

Precisely. Several folks who have written for MonkeyGod, myself included, occasionally try to address MonkeyGod-specific topics, but the folks from the company itself tend to post only rarely.

It's too bad, really. An ENWorld presence can translate into some pretty major hype, and MonkeyGod has come out with, and is coming out with, some fairly impressive stuff besides modules. (And some of the modules, as was pointed out, have been pretty nifty too.)

coyote6

Adventurer
PatrickLawinger said:
I believe I have seen a number of their products in various gaming stores. In other words, they are in distribution, do sell modules, but don't have the internet presence (at least at ENWorld) that some of the other companies do.

OTOH, I don't think I have seen any of their stuff on store shelves, and I recall having idly looked for stuff from 'em before (I was hesitant to buy it sight unseen, so I didn't special order it).

Teflon Billy

Explorer
die_kluge said:
I guess M&M doesn't do much for me since I have no desire to play a superhero game. To each their own, I suppose. It is a nice looking product, just not my cup of tea...

No problem there. Not everything is to everyone's taste. Hell, I'm not sure anything can be to everyone's taste :)

der_kluge

Adventurer
In case anyone cares, MonkeyGod responses to posts on their official forums on mortality.net nearly instantaneously. I carried on a lengthy conversation with the author of Black Ice Well and Hellstone Deep there, and had a discussion about the campaign I am working on with him. There were days where we exchanged three to four posts each. So, it's not as if they aren't out there, and can't be reached, they just don't regularly hang out on ENWorld.

I know we like to think we're the shiznit and all, but there's no rule that says they gotta hang out here, after all. :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
die_kluge said:
I guess M&M doesn't do much for me since I have no desire to play a superhero game.

I gotta say that I felt the exact same way - before I saw Mutants & Masterminds. I was totally blown away by the game.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Well, I'm a long-time Supers gamer (and roundly considered the "finest Superhero GM ever" in these parts...for whatever that's worth) and M&M made me pack up my copy of Champions and switch.

Though to be honest, switching to something nearly as flexible as Champs, and something my players have more than a snowball's chance in hell of understanding was pretty easy.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
I have to say, the judges did an excellent job at picking the best products for nomination. You'll hear no complaints from me. The competition was definitely tough and it was probably very tough to pick just five for each category. Kudos to you on a job well done! :)

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Monkey lurking

Precisely. Several folks who have written for MonkeyGod, myself included, occasionally try to address MonkeyGod-specific topics, but the folks from the company itself tend to post only rarely.
Obviously, as one of the chief simians I will have to remedy this. The fact is we do a poor job of self promotion over at MonkeyGod. We tend to lurk around the threads and pipe in only when it seems necessary. Seeing threads like this or the Stone to Steel thread over in the general category pop up, however, is extremely gratifying. I'm glad we are being noticed here despite our inactivity.

And thanks for the kind words.

In case anyone cares, MonkeyGod responses to posts on their official forums on mortality.net nearly instantaneously. I carried on a lengthy conversation with the author of Black Ice Well and Hellstone Deep there, and had a discussion about the campaign I am working on with him. There were days where we exchanged three to four posts each. So, it's not as if they aren't out there, and can't be reached, they just don't regularly hang out on ENWorld.
This is true. We all check these forums frequently and try to give quick feedback to any questions or comments posted there.

I also expect that the different experiences of the posters (some see lots of our stuff in the stores while others see nothing) is due to retailers willingness to sell adventures. Until recently we had published only adventures (about 20 to date). Now that we have enterred the world of sourcebooks, I think we will get greater exposure.

In any case, I will spend more time here in the forums. And a thanks to Teflon Billy - I'm glad you enjoyed The Maze of Screaming Silence. It was also one of my favorites (although not suited for everyone I gather). Do you think anyone might be interested in seeing the Yagga-Kong done as a regional setting?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads