• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post ENnies Judges thread

Crothian

First Post
I reallly liked Monsters of the Endless Dark. I found the monsters booth creative and useible. I really liked the way they went about writting this book up like a journal of sorts. And the encounters section of each monster was really entertaining and useful.

Another book I really enjoyed was Sacred Ground. I found each site very well defined and interesting. The gods they created are easily usible into a set campaign, and it has great adventure ideas.

Obviously, as one of the chief simians I will have to remedy this.

That would be cool. I'd love more of an opportunity to talk to you folks in an open setting, as opposed to a MonkeyGod-specific one like your Mortality boards. Drag the other authors over here, too. I say let's make MonkeyGod at least as prevelent on these boards as Necromancer or Mystic Eye, darn it!! ;)

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Crothian said:
I reallly liked Monsters of the Endless Dark. I found the monsters booth creative and useible. I really liked the way they went about writting this book up like a journal of sorts. And the encounters section of each monster was really entertaining and useful...

Monsters of the Endless Dark was a dynamite product from front to back. I liked the wierd-ass art and the format (someone's journal) a lot.

But I don't think anything was going to stem to the Monsternomicom landslide:)

I think this is a perfect example of the "any other year..." comment that the Colonel made above.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Re: Monkey lurking

Fearsome Monkey said:
...In any case, I will spend more time here in the forums. And a thanks to Teflon Billy - I'm glad you enjoyed The Maze of Screaming Silence.

Well, thanks for publishing it. It was a pretty brave move in the face of the "serious" brand of evil that WoD has carved out for itself, and the huge popularity of "Undefeatable Good" that Forgotten Realms presents.

It was also one of my favorites (although not suited for everyone I gather). Do you think anyone might be interested in seeing the Yagga-Kong done as a regional setting?

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm not sure. Maze of Screaming Silence seemed to be pretty much entirely about The City of the Damned, and the epilogue makes it pretty clear that the CotD is all but finished at the end of the adventure.

I would like to see more of William O'Connor's work. He is a longtime favorite, and the cover of Maze can be ranked among his best stuff.

Nikchick

Explorer
I was just too darn busy to get around to talk to all the other publishers in the way I wanted to at GenCon, but I made a point to go over and talk to the guys at Monkey God. I've been watching their products from the beginning and, as I said to them, they're an example of one of those D20 companies that's doing everything right, but for whatever reason they haven't gotten much in the way of fan response to their efforts.

There are some other companies that keep plugging away, doing their thing (like Paradigm Concepts) but Monkey God has kept at it with good-looking books that have consistently improved with each release. From Stone to Steel is an excellent example.

Blah, blah, blah. I babbled on like this at their booth as well. :) Made a darn fool of myself, but it was from the heart.

Nicole

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Re: Re: Monkey lurking

Teflon Billy said:
I would like to see more of William O'Connor's work. He is a longtime favorite, and the cover of Maze can be ranked among his best stuff.

William O'Connor is rapidly becoming one of my favorite D&D artists (OK, so he works on d20 products, but still...). I really look forward to seeing more of his work.

Nikchick said:
I was just too darn busy to get around to talk to all the other publishers in the way I wanted to at GenCon, but I made a point to go over and talk to the guys at Monkey God. I've been watching their products from the beginning and, as I said to them, they're an example of one of those D20 companies that's doing everything right, but for whatever reason they haven't gotten much in the way of fan response to their efforts.

Nicole,

I bet if you said something like this about them on the front page of the Green Ronin website, it might help. But that might qualify as counterproductive on GR's part. ;)

Nikchick

Explorer
mouseferatu said:

Nicole,

I bet if you said something like this about them on the front page of the Green Ronin website, it might help. But that might qualify as counterproductive on GR's part. ;)

HAH! :)

If we really wanted the most bang for the buck, Morrus could highlight it on the EN front page: "Nicole Lindroos wonders why everyone else doesn't love Monkey God like she does..." :p

Nicole

JoeGKushner

First Post
You've got to be careful that stuff like this doesn't get taken out of context. Nicole loving MonkeyGod gaming products is one thing but Nicole loving monkeys... Ah, the powers of cut and paste!

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Your visit and kind encouragement was one of the highlights of my convention. Thanks again.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads