• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Post here if you ARE going to 4E!

Chris_Nightwing said:
Really, must we persist with this labelling though? Must we take sides? Form camps? Fight?
Apparently, yes. We have a thread for fence-sitters, a fence for those who have decided against 4E, so I though I'd complete the trifecta ;)

Irda Ranger

First Post
I'm going. It's the length of my house rules document that has yet to be decided.

Everyone should consider it because of the revised core math. That kind of stuff is hard to fix, so I'm glad WotC is doing the heavy lifting there. All the peripheral fluffy stuff is much easier to house rule.

Talislan

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
............ I found myself wondering earlier this summer if I even wanted to play D&D (or any RPG) anymore.

Hear, Hear.

I will most definitely be trying it out. I have been away from gaming for a long time and have little of the predjudice towards one gaming system or another. In fact, when I first came to these forums only a couple of months ago, I was looking more for ways to help me write new worlds into my own stories than to get back into gaming.

When I saw the hooha over the impending WoTC move however, I was almost put off the idea altogether. After all, my prospective audience would be the very people procrastinating over the effect of change in their comfortable world. A world of the imagination at that, and one which I am hoping to turn upside down with my own writing.

I (personally) think for this very reason that a new start would be good. 4e, in my humble opinion, is now not being seen as the viral harbinger of change, but rather a way to start afresh and bring a new lease of life to something that we have become far too comfortable with. To allow our imaginations to fully run riot again, a new start(setting/game) is inevitably necessary. So I welcome the arrival of 4e with an open mind, and ferverantly hope that whatever else it delivers, it brings a fresh start to a much beloved genre of gaming.

T.

mhensley

First Post
I will probably try to get my group to play it when it comes out. I'm pretty fed up with trying to dm 3.5. If 4e is easier to prep and run, I'll probably make the switch. Of course there's still the chance that the flavor of 4e will seriously rub me the wrong way. If that's the case, I'll be back on my eternal hunt for a D&D replacement.

Riley

Legend
Supporter
Irda Ranger said:
I'm going.

I'm already playing 4e.

Wait, I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

Rather, I wish that I wasn't allowed to say that I am already playing 4e.

That is to say, I'll play it as soon as I can.

Wormwood

Adventurer
I'm enthusiastic about 4e and I really like what I've seen so far, but I still carefully consider each new piece of information.

Honestly, the primary selling point of 4e happens to be the two 3.5 games I'm currently playing.

Fathead

First Post
Does a "maybe" count? After 4E comes out, I'll take a look. If I like what I see, I'll make the switch. Otherwise, we'll either stay with 3.5 or go back to 1E for a change.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads