• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Post here if you're a PATHFINDER RPG fan!

Ramaster

Adventurer
Why are you assuming that it will be pushed back? It's their big Gen Con release, I'm sure that they don't want to push it back. From my subscription page, it looks like that it will be shipped in August regularly.

Ultimate Campaign was pushed waaay back... the same happened with a couple other Paizo books this and last year. I didn't know that they were planning to offer I on Gen Con (me not living in the US and all).

I does seem, now, that the release date won't be modified by this time, so I guess you are right on the money!

harikus

First Post
I stumbled upon it recently and me and some friends are about to start a campaign. I like what I have read so far, I actually thought it looked more interesting than my old 3.5 gaming.

dd.stevenson

Super KY
I love the ideas, the themes, and the setting. So I'm a fan?

But I'd rather eat my own eyeballs than DM another game with that ruleset.

I love Paizo and I have high hopes that their adventures will be playable with the DDN rules.

Arthedain

First Post
Paizo and Pathfinder fan :).

To make a short story long... :
I went from 3.5-> 4th when it came out, but out of curiosity I had picked up the two first adventures in Rise of the Runelords when it came out. Had a look over, but didn't read it in detail. Looked cool. Then about a year later I read a post by James Jacobs here on ENworld that made me want to check out Paizo's products because he / they seemed a "class act". Started subscribing to the adv.path line with Second Darkness as the first adventure, and haven't looked back since. At first I tried to use the materials in my 4th Ed campaign, but real life issues made the group fall apart. By this time I had started buying more Paizo products (modules, campaign setting, and the RotR & CotCT adv. paths), and I started to really read them through, and wanted to DM all of them. More than once I laughed a wicked laugh :).

After getting a new group together we started playing Curse of the Crimson Throne, and at the moment I subscribe to the RPG, Player Companion, Campaign Setting, and Module lines. I guess you can say Paizo has a straw into my bank account, but it's been incredibly fun to DM while using first Curse... , and now Legacy of Fire. My players are super enthusiastic, while shaking their fist in rage at both tyrants, plague spreading villains, and the odd pugwampi.

Like many others I experienced a bit of a DM burn-out because of 3.5. For me this was also because of work taking up more of my spare time, and having (in my opinion) great pre-made adventures that formed a campaign really lifted a load of my shoulders. I could then concentrate on adding small sub-plots and interesting NPCs, tying together plot strands here and there, and also making NPCs from the adventure "spring to life", instead of having to make everything from scratch.

One of my players has also started DMing a separate group, and they've finished RotRL and are now deep into Carrion Crown. The Paizo Plague has been infectious :).

enrious

Pathfinder DM here, although we take a look at D&DN with every packet and frankly, no idea if we'll stay with Pathfinder or go to D&DN - it's all about which one both gives us the best gaming experience with the least time-consuming adventure prep.

E8 Pathfinder with Hero Lab and without AoO is pretty good for us.

kcannell

Explorer
Count me as a Pathfinder fan as well. Paizo just makes quality stuff. . . even before they were Paizo. One of the silliest things WotC did was cutting these guys loose to be competitors. I've been hooked ever since the Age of Worms AP, and today I have an AP subscription and all the core books.

Game system aside, I find Paizo to be a company that really cares about the quality of it's products, and to have a fierce dedication to it's fan base. The level of interaction between Paizo staff and the customers (be it on the forums, or at cons) is really top notch.

PS - I've GM'd Rise of the Runelords, Kingmaker, Carrion Crown, and now my group is on the second book of Reign of Winter. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads