• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post here when the darksun stuff goes live on DDI

Shag

Explorer
Let me know, I'm gunna get everyone I know to subscribe to DDI when this comes out to show support for Darksun. I really want WOTC to see that they have underestimated how popular Athas really is.

I also wonder if they will have to overhaul the builder for DS. Like a darksun 'toggle'. I also wish they would make the character printouts look like the Darksun pregen sheets. Its a wonder know one hasn't engineered a program that takes the .dnd4e files and manipulated them in perhaps better ways, to print and display. Maybe thats illegal!

Thanks community!

PS. Got the campaign setting today, yay amazon.ca!

Last edited:

Shag

Explorer
Not being a subscriber, how long does it usually take for an update after a bunch of books come out?

I figured since you're paying money for the service they'd be right on the updates.

AJCarrington

Explorer
Updates typically come out at the beginning of the month and normally include the previous month's releases. However, the content calendar for September hasn't been posted yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

AJC

Shag

Explorer
Wow, I just figured they had it ready to go, and it just came online pretty much when the books came out that way you could use the new stuff right away. Especially since your paying for it! So DDI is great!....Eventually? haha

Phaezen

Adventurer
The updates are usually the 1st Tuesday of the month, baring holidays and big conventions, so expect the Dark Sun to be in the Builder and Compendium on the 7th of September.

Sutekh

First Post
Terrible service? Oh wait.. I forgot about the 'right now, screw later' generation.

It's great service, to be honest.

So far Ive found DDI to be a very worthy investment. The Monster builder and Character Builder are 2 products I would of purchased outside of DDI in any respect.

If you cant wait 3 weeks, then you better get back to playing WoW for those 3 weeks.

Enforcer

Explorer
The D&D Insider subscription is easily the most bang-for-my-buck gaming expense I have. If you can't handle a three week wait for an update to the best chargen software released for any game in the history of pen-and-paper RPGs, then I don't what to tell you.

Shag

Explorer
Terrible service? Oh wait.. I forgot about the 'right now, screw later' generation.

It's great service, to be honest.

So far Ive found DDI to be a very worthy investment. The Monster builder and Character Builder are 2 products I would of purchased outside of DDI in any respect.

If you cant wait 3 weeks, then you better get back to playing WoW for those 3 weeks.

I think that's over the line and not fair comment.
So if you payed for say a cell phone and they told you they won't activate it for 3 weeks, you're fine with that?

You pay for a service you expect it to be kept up to pace with releases.
I don't think that is unreasonable. Especially since these book take so long to go through printing and distribution, by the time they are released there is more than enough time to take the crunchy bits out and input them in the software.

PS I think its 2nd Tuesday because, still no update,

Remove ads