• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Post-Tramatic Superhuman

HoboGod

First Post
So, I was DMing earlier, my group was fighting a black dragon and the half-dragon in the party pleaded with me that this dragon knew his father. I'm the kind of DM that allows players to make up the history of their world that I haven't told them, so I said "Are you sure?". I'm also the kind of DM that doesn't throw punches in a dragon encounter. So, I said the half-dragon's father, a red dragon, once battled the black dragon. The player loved the idea. However, this also meant that the black dragon aimed to kill his father's son. The black dragon got his way....

However, the half-dragon's "little brother" (a custom fox race based on halfling racial adjustments) who the half-dragon took in off the streets was quite upset. He said his character goes into a blackout rage and I figured, hey, why the -cough- not? I gave the fox 5 rounds of haste and truestrike on his next attack. It was a great success! The half-dragon in question was my violently loving girlfriend's PC and she only beat me up once!

So, has anyone else had an experience like this? What bonuses did you give the player for an epic "NOOOOOOOOOO!" moment?

Remove ads