Post your gods!

zen_hydra

First Post
Regarding Guts/Gatsu from Berserk. While the character may be as powerful as a hero-deity, he is actually still just a man. A man with unbeleavable strength and skill, but no real supernatural abilities. It is the fact that he is only a man, who manages to time-and-again defeat and even kill "immortals" that makes him such a great character. He wins through skill and determination against beings that should be able to kill him with one swat. At times, he seems to fall outside the constraints of fate. In the manga Gatsu aquires the magical Berserker's Armor which allows him to channel his inner beast and transform into a more demon-like form (that may be what you are thinking of), but, so far, the character has no personal supernatural abilities other than his inhuman willpower.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Im actually referring to the animated series where they showed his youth. In his youth, his "father", the jerk who raised him, stated "You're not my son." and there were various references to this in different flashback scenes. Particularly the reference to his mother having been ravaged by a demon or some such nonsense. I could just be misinterpretation, but Guts was a bit feral.

Id say...at the very least. Id give him the fiendish template or the feral template. As for notable supernatural abilities...he did have one...his fangs would lengthen whenever he encountered demons or was forced into a battle rage. They actually lengthen ever so slightly. Im thinking it could just be a hint at things to come.

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Upper_Krust said:
As I see it the main races are diametrically opposed as follows.

Humans (N) - Dragons (N)

Elves (CG) - Orcs (LE)
Dwarves (LN(g)) - Giants (CN(e))

Halflings (LG) - Goblins (CE)
Gnomes (NG) - Kobolds (NE)

Don't spend too much effort developing that, as I suspect this will widely differ from world to world. My halflings, gnomes, dwarves, and orcs differ in alignment from yours, I have no single god for dragons (most worship the elemental gods), no single god for humans (they were created by a group of gods), and none of my major racial deities are Greater or even Intermediate.

mercucio

First Post
Agreed. Heck my humans (and humanoids) were force evolved because of wars between entities from the Far Realms and the spirits native to my campaign world.

Hi CRGreathouse matey! :)

CRGreathouse said:
Don't spend too much effort developing that,

Well thats basically it done there. :D

CRGreathouse said:
as I suspect this will widely differ from world to world. My halflings, gnomes, dwarves, and orcs differ in alignment from yours, I have no single god for dragons (most worship the elemental gods), no single god for humans (they were created by a group of gods), and none of my major racial deities are Greater or even Intermediate.

The point is to show how to develop pantheons, dynasties and racial hegemonies so that it puts them in opposition. More friction = more roleplaying opportunities. ;)

WarDragon

First Post
What would Auric's items look like if he had full wealth levels? I'm glad you asked.

Bahamut's Roar:
+16.8 (+12 base enhancement)
+11.2 (holy power)
+5.6 (sonic flare)
+1.4 (dragon bane)
+1 for Improved Critical
+6 (spell-like abilities; at-will heal, blessed sight, detect dragonblood)
-6 (weakness/restriction)

Scales of Varunaurum
+18 (enhancement bonus)
+4 (soulfire)
+5 (heavy fortification)
+1 (glamered)
+6 (intelligence)
+1 (dragon breath)
+1 (epic dragon breath)

Corrodar's Atonement
+14 (shield bonus)
+6 (acid immunity)
+6 (divine toughness)
+6 (abnormality; cloak acts like extra wings)
+2 (swim speed)
+1 (shield specialization)
+1 (shield ward)

Paladin Talisman
+6 (adjuration)
+6 (heavenly spirit)
+6 (improved damage reduction [evil])
+4.8 (xp reserve)
+2 (extra Automatic Metamagic Capacities)
+11.2 (sacrificed for inherent stat bonuses; +4 to Int and Wis, +5 to others)

Last edited:

Killane

First Post
I wanted to post a character and a template, but formatting takes a really long time, so I'll just give you the links to the post as Dicefreaks. I don't have Ascension (won't buy till in print, will buy 1st day in print), so some things may not be done correctly. Coomentary would be appreciated, esp from U_K.

Template : http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8440

Character: http://dicefreaks.com/phpBB2/viewto...p=200662#200662

One specific question: What do we think of the Soulfount power that Killane has? Is it too much for a Cosmic ability? (bear in mind, I haven't seen Ascension)

Remove ads