Post your picture! [Warning: big file sizes, might be unpleasant on slow connections]

Aaron L

Hero
This is the most recent picture of myself I can find. It's several years old. I am usually less shaven ( I am lazy about that )

Attachments

• aaron small pic.jpg
    aaron small pic.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,277

Toj

First Post
Well, this is one of the only scanned pics I have. This is from about 3 years ago.

Attachments

• air2.jpg
    air2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,230

WizarDru

Adventurer
Portrait of the DM as a young gamer...or something...

Hoohah! Who doesn't love pictures?

Here's a picture of me and my youngest, a Barbarian Level 0 (but with the Extra Rage feat).

dru_sean_022302.jpg

And now, to live up to my job as a Bastard DM, I'll post a picture of my lovely wife Valanthe the Sleepless and our oldest...but the picture is a few years old, so Molly (our daughter) doesn't look as old as her little brother. Confused yet? [bad Yoda voice] You will be. :)

karen_molly_swings_0598.jpg

WizarDru

Adventurer
Wolfspider said:
I'm sorry guys, but I couldn't keep this to myself. I really don't look for controversy, I promise. I've enjoyed this thread quite a bit, but reading this cruel post kinda ruined my night. I kinda love you guys and don't like to see you ridiculed. :(

I can't believe the gall of some people. Ashtal was right about some of the people at RPG.net. :(

Don't let it bother you. I can't help but notice that more than half of the pictures here feature families...which automatically doesn't qualify for the 'gamer' stereotype. I also think it pretty funny that he posts that 'gamers' are posting their pictures....what the heck is he, exactly, if not a gamer? Odd places to hang out if he's not, neh?

Fact is, most of us consider this place part of extended family, of sorts. A disparaging comment from Piratecat, Wulf, Colonel Hardisson, Eric Noah, you or a couple dozen other regulars here...that'd upset me.

The infantile post of some insecure geek who's looking to try and distance himself from his own hobby and the people who play it? Pffft. Someone obviously isn't aware that gaming is a social hobby...or maybe he's learned it the hard way. :)

P.S. Hey, Gargoyle! That picture of you and the kids is charming as all get out. The confused expression on your youngest is priceless. :)

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I just want to say that this thread is so great. Looking thru the pics of well-known (and some not so well-known) names has given me a lump in the throat thinking about our community and how great it really is.

Sure some of us look geeky, but what a great diversity geekdom truly is!

Anyway, this is me and Eric Noah at GEN CON

ericnemm.jpg

Below is me caught off guard in a {GASP!} a t-shirt ;), while vacationing in Maine

nemm.jpg

I was particularly touched by the photos of families - I am very envious. I don't have a family of my own, but the group below are like a family of sorts.

This is not my current group below (except for the chinese kid, he plays Jeremy Northrop in OOTFP), but to borrow a phrase from Edena of Neith my "oldest and greatest" players. . . "The Oath"

the_oath.jpg

Below, is the same group in action, if you look above and to the left of the huge orange and black DM screen you will see that the PCs were taking part in a tournament, they were invited to these very elite series of footlists to settle their differences, an adventure called "Neutral Ground".

the_oath2.jpg

Last edited:

Rashak Mani

First Post
I cant say we are a pretty lot... so there goes a very bad photo... I´m the guy in white T-Shirt on the right... with attached girlfriend in Black... barbecue foto.

Attachments

• churrasco 7.jpg
    churrasco 7.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,018

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
An Apology

Wolfspider said:
...he never apologized or retracted his statement...

Ok, here goes. If anyone (especially you Wolfspider) was offended by my post on RPG.net, you have my sincerest apologies. I certainly didn't mean to come across as being smug or superior nor was the post meant to put anyone down. I am no better than anyone on these boards or on RPG.net and I am damn sure not any more attractive.

let me say also that I was very impressed at how many of you posted pictures of yourself with your kids. I have two daughters myself and they are the light of my life.

On the other hand, I hope none of us are so thin skinned that we get upset at the thought of someone else getting a chuckle out of looking at a picture of us. I will certainly do my part and try and get my own picture posted (don't have access to a digital camera at the moment). Once I get it up, you can laugh at my goofy a**.

Remove ads