• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

poster map printing/copying... suggestions?

s.j. bagley

First Post
i've recently stumbled upon some old poster sized maps that a friend created, years ago, for a campaign we had done and was looking to get the copied and printed.
can anyone give me any helpful advice on the subject?
(in particular, pricing... what chains to avoid... good experience/bad experience...)

I don't know if Gamer-Printshop does copying.. but they do a great job of laminating... check out thier web site and toss em' an email to find out about the copying piece..

linky in sig below...

Yalius

First Post
What I would do? Separate them into scannable 8x11 pages, join and create a .pdf, get it printed on one of the FedEx/Kinko's 48" wideformats. Then you still have the source in a format you can reference and print subsets from.

s.j. bagley

First Post
Yalius said:
What I would do? Separate them into scannable 8x11 pages, join and create a .pdf, get it printed on one of the FedEx/Kinko's 48" wideformats. Then you still have the source in a format you can reference and print subsets from.
that really wouldn't work as i, and the original creator, don't really want to destroy the originals.

SavageRobby

First Post
You might check a teacher supply store. They usually have services comparable to Kinkos and other large chains, but at a lower cost and typically slightly lower quality; obviously they cater more to eductors with lower budgets rather than business folks with higher ones. However, they're often more friendly, and many are locally owned (if that matters to you).

DiamondB

Explorer
Gamer's Print Shop, as mentioned above would be my first recommendation. I know Hewlett Packard makes a large format scanner that is attached to a large format printer, allowing you to scan and print large documents - 36 by 48 inches if I remember correctly - oh and it will also allow you to save the scanned document to disk.

Kinkos is a pretty big customer, so I would check with them.

Remove ads