• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Posting habits people can do without

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
diaglo said:
yeah, b/c using capital letters just changes the whole meaning of what is typed.
Meh. It bugs me, too. It's a question of ease of reading. We use capital letters (when we use them) because they assist in comprehension. The meaning may be the same (though I bet if pressed I could come up with examples where meaning changes due to capitalization) (but don't press me), but the effort to read increases -- and if the effort required exceeds the value of the post (and there's an exact calculation for you), then I don't read it.

And if people aren't reading your posts, your posts are making the boards less useful for everyone.

So dadgumit, CAPITALIZE, people!

Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood grammar/punctuation/usage nazi.

I'm probably as guilty of line-by-line dissections as anyone. More, even. I like 'em. I like 'em because it's so much fun skewering people over and over again ("and another thing...SMACK!"). I'm not going to apologize for that, and I trust the moderators to step in when the bloodlust has got me going a little crazy (say, does anyone want to argue about whether or not Conan is a low-magic world?). But skewering people is a big part of my enjoyment of ENWorld. I try to be friendly and polite, because another big part of my enjoyment of this place is its friendly and polite atmosphere.

But it's sure fun smacking people around from time to time. :D

I'm a bad person. I admit it.

Oh, and if anyone sees Joshua Dyal, tell him to read this thread. Berandor, too. But don't tell diaglo. ;)

Xath

Moder-gator
I don't mind line by line posts, as long as they're in one post. You can split your responses to seperate posters into seperate posts, but please don't respond to one post with 5 more.

Remove ads