• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Posting standards for news scoops?

Janx

Hero
I plan on starting to post news scoops for WorldWorksGames' products (they make model stuff for gaming).

Are there any standards I should use?
post length
linking
pictures

How long does it take for a scoop to be approved?
Does my scoop get incorporated into the front page news by a moderator as a shorter blurb?

Stuff like that would be good to know so I do it right.

Thanks,
Janx

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The news scoops don't appear on the front page as-is -- the newshounds have a page where they can review all news scoops and use that information to compile the day's news. Keeping it neat and tidy makes their job easier, but doesn't ultimately affect the result (unless it's incomprehensible, in which case they'll probably just delete it - as happens from time to time!)

As for the time it takes to appear in the news - it very much depends on what the newshounds are doing that day, and whether they've just done a news update or not. John Semlak tends to do an update early AM, as he's in Russia and a long way ahead of us in the day; others may skim through later in the day as and when they get time. I glance through once or twice a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Too many variables to predict!

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Allow me to chirp this in - DON'T USE THE COLOR BBCODE OR THE FONT TAG TO SELECT A COLOR!! - Newshounds are under instructions to delete them anyway. If you need to emphasize text in your submission try one of the following bbcode tags (they'll need to go in [] )

hq - This tag, hilights quotes

bq
[bq]This tage creates a block quote - use it for large quoted sections[/bq]

Janx

Hero
Ah, got it.

I posted a 2 paragraph item with a IMG included. Might be more than y'all will use then.

I don't plan on using at color stuff. I wanted to put in the URL for the company and actual new product item (but I forgot it).

So I guess I wait and see when it makes it to the news...

Thanks for the heads-up.

Janx

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads