• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[POT] rpga classic scenario advice?

SJ

Explorer
I'm not sure where to ask this, but maybe it will hit the right eyeballs....

I'm preparing some "characters provided" D&D games for an upcoming local con, and I want to pull a few pre-genned 1 or 2 rounders from the RPGA vaults.

Does anyone have any recommendations from your con or game day experiences? There's not a good method for "reviewing" the possibilities at wizards.com.

I played "Long Night" at GenCon in '01 and it was pretty cool. But I need a few more.

Thanks, vets,

SlappinJoe

Tyrant

First Post
There was a real glut of bad slapstick-style adventures there in the RPGA a couple of years back. I seem to recall Citadel (a 3 rounder IIRC) being a pretty good game. Be careful though, otherwise you'll end up fighting Tarrasque or playing the role of an animated chair. :(

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll look through my records later tonight! I've run a couple of hundred scenarios; I'll try to find something good.

D&D only, or is CoC acceptable too?

SJ

Explorer
D&D has been expressed as preferred by the con powers-that-be, but for future reference a PC-approved CoC would be cool.

Thanks!

SJ

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
D&D: Wolfpack, Most Honored Leader

CoC (not d20): Art for Art's Sake, Patriotic War

Sorry I don't have more! Maybe someone else can help.

SJ

Explorer
Thanks, PirateCat, I'll check those out.

You know, all the blurbs sound like they would be really fun, but a few playtest reviews (ala ENWorld!) on the RPGA web site would be nice!

SJ

Remove ads