• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Potion bottles....Skinny or Flask shaped?

Maul

Explorer
Hey there Gamers!!

How do you envision your potion bottles looking in your RPG of choice.

Cure Light Wounds.....for example.

Flask shaped? or test tube shaped?

Maul

Explorer
Agreed.......I like the traditional look but your right.......it makes it awkward to transport it....... in-game.

delericho

Legend
A mix of all sorts of different sizes and shapes, much like perfumes are available in a wide range of bottles in our world. (And that's even with the advantage of our modern methods of mass-production. I don't envisage D&D adventures, even those in Eberron, having the advantage of those techniques.)

Plus, many "potions" in my game aren't actually in bottles at all - you get enchanted fruits, biscuits, and many other small edible items; you get tokens and tags that need to be snapped to take effect; you get pouches of powders...

Plus, many "potions" in my game aren't actually in bottles at all - you get enchanted fruits, biscuits, and many other small edible items; you get tokens and tags that need to be snapped to take effect; you get pouches of powders...

That's very clever -- I like it!

Does a type of potion (e.g. healing) always come in the same form, or does it vary?

MarkB

Legend
A mix of all sorts of different sizes and shapes, much like perfumes are available in a wide range of bottles in our world. (And that's even with the advantage of our modern methods of mass-production. I don't envisage D&D adventures, even those in Eberron, having the advantage of those techniques.)

Fabricate will churn out standardised glass phials in large quantities of hundreds per casting. In Eberron, I could easily see House Cannith using Dragonshard Focus items in factories to mass-produce phials, which House Jorasco purchase in bulk and fill with healing potions.

And since spent potion phials would be cheap to buy and fairly readily available, many smaller providers would probably end up collecting them and filling them with their own wares, rather than buying new bottles.

Good point on the other forms 'potions' can take, though - it's a good way to make items unique in flavour without changing the mechanics.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads