• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Potion of darkvision. For real.

Aloïsius

First Post
http://mic.com/articles/113740/a-te...how-to-inject-your-eyeballs-with-night-vision

In "people becoming superhuman" news, a small independent research group has figured out how to give humans night vision, allowing them to see over 50 meters in the dark for a short time.
That's 150 feet. The D&D 60ft darkvision is obviously nerfed. And it last for several hours, so duration should be "alchemist level/minutes".

Added benefit : it has visual effects. And those effects LOOKS like a D&D spell.

NWJmNTFlNzEwYyMveThxVUlvOUtBaDdyNHd3c3RwM2twOFBZcDZvPS8zMDF4NDI6NDAxOXgyMzkwLzg0MHg1MzAvZmlsdGVyczpxdWFsaXR5KDcwKS9odHRwOi8vczMuYW1hem9uYXdzLmNvbS9wb2xpY3ltaWMtaW1hZ2VzLzBzaTY3cGZnMnh0YXhjejVnbHRpdWo0eGxibHo3OTVzYTN6MGNxeTZ6dXh1dWh5eGZkb2ZtdzR4cG9oOHRjbHEuanBn.jpg

And you don't have to kill a lot of people first.

Aloïsius

First Post
Yeah. And to use it, you have to inject it *into your eyeball*.

How about... not.

Tibbetts slowly dripped 50 microliters of Ce6, an extremely low dose, into Licina's speculum-stretched eyes, aiming for the conjunctival sac, which carried the chemical to the retina.
That's not very different from what people wearing contact lens are doing every day. It's not a syringe you plunge into your eyeball.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I used to wear contacts. HATED the process, and stopped after a few years.

I can imagine applications for this, but it ain't for me.

Remove ads