• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pounce, Lance, Flank, Attack combo. Does this work?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
So, new classes, new build ideas!

I'm considering the Hunter + Evolved Companion Feat (Pounce) + Pack Attack Teamwork Feat + Outflank Teamwork Feat + Precise Strike Teamwork Feat. This should be achievable by level 3.

I need to know if this is mechanically sound to be doable within a single round of combat:

Step 1- Mounted Lance Attack + Pounce.
Step 2- PC hits with the lance, triggers Pack Attack to dismount and take an immediate action 5' step to the side of the enemy.
Step 3- Companion makes first of 3 natural attacks, takes an immediate action 5' step to flank the other side of the enemy.
Step 4- Companion takes 2 more natural attacks, with added Precise Strike damage.

Now, where this gets sticky is the dismount. I know a ride check of 20 makes a dismount a free action. However, I didn't know if having the Feather Step spell or Feather Step Slippers would mitigate this difficulty, assuming "Dismounting a Bear/Tiger/whatever" counts as moving thru difficult terrain.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to make the dismount easy, such as how to get a really high ride check at a low level, or find any other flaws to this combo?

Remove ads