• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power Cards or Sheets?

Power cards or sheet?

Wormwood

Adventurer
For 4e's first couple of months, I was a die-hard power card enthusiast. To this day, all of the players in my games remains so.

But last month someone here posted a kick-ass character one-sheet Word doc. Eureka!

So using that sheet as inspiration, I made a version in InDesign (sucking up many valuable work hours doing so), and now I *love* having all my information in one place. One page---no worries.

SilverSnake

First Post
My husband made up an Xcell spreadsheet page for powers, which contains blocks that look virtually identical to the official cards. It's conveniently color coded and typed out neatly. It is convenient to update with new powers, and best of all, it's all on one sheet, so I dont have to worry about lack of space at the table. I tried cards, but had trouble keeping track of them with everything else. Hmmm, maybe I just need a larger table...

Halivar

First Post
I wanted to like the cards + minimalist character sheet. I just couldn't get into it. I need my powers on my sheet. Attached is the character sheet I use in the game I'm a player in. The arrangement (most-used on front, less-used in back) has been a hit with the other players who have asked for similar sheets.

Attachments

• Lucius CharSheet.pdf
    478.9 KB · Views: 146

JoeGKushner

First Post
I wanted to like the cards + minimalist character sheet. I just couldn't get into it. I need my powers on my sheet. Attached is the character sheet I use in the game I'm a player in. The arrangement (most-used on front, less-used in back) has been a hit with the other players who have asked for similar sheets.

As the kids would say, that's "hella sweet".

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Even though I'm not playing 4E, I voted Cards. I have imported powers into my houseruled 3E game, and for me, cards are the easiest and quickest way to keep track of them.

PS: that is a cool character sheet, very nicely done.

Ktulu

First Post
I love the cards. cut them out of a pdf I have and slip them into the 3x3 card sheets in a binder. Then I use an expo pen to mark off their uses. (I also keep the character sheet in a larger plastic cover for use with expo pens)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Sheets; I'm currently playing a Warlock in THHKotS. Before the pa part of DDI went live I copied and pasted every single power to a word document. I really like the idea of printing it out and using the character at a future date in a ftf game.

I'd print all the powers out on glossy photo paper and trim them up, getiing rid of the excess white. I'm pretty sure if I chnged the print margins I could get the powers down to 8x5 card format which is perfect because I already have a box specifically meant to hold 8x5s. The finishing touch would be lamination.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Table space is a very valuable commodity for our 4e group, so I've got all our PCs on a single side of a single sheet of paper. Powers are precalculated right on the sheet and we just print up a new one each level.

In our 3.5 game we have a bigger table, and I quite like using cards for my warblade when I've got room to sprawl a bit.
-blarg

Remove ads