• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power Cards

kerbarian

Explorer
I was thinking about how to do this, and I came up with an idea that I think would work pretty well:

Make copies from the PHB (better yet, print from the pdf if you have it) onto sticker paper, cut out each power block, and put the stickers onto regular playing cards / magic cards / etc. Blank cards like these would probably look best.

If you hold a card up to the power blocks, you can see that they're just the right width to fit sideways on a card. Most of the powers are short enough to fit directly on one card, and the few long ones could have the sticker folded under at the bottom, so you can read the rest of the power by flipping up the flap. Or you could just cut off the bottoms of the long powers, or split them across two cards -- I'm not sure what the best solution is for those.

I think the cards would look great, and it would save a lot of writing, but it could get expensive -- I'm guessing $0.20 - $0.25 per card, including the blank cards, sticker paper, and printing at Kinko's (I have a B&W laser printer rather than a color inkjet at home). That would be over $100 for a full set of powers from every class. It would probably be worth using old magic cards and a friend's scanner/printer instead.

Remove ads