Power Crit + bless weapon = auto crit?

Someone

Adventurer
Who worries about armor check penalty? True strike has not somatic components. But with the bless weapon/power critical combo you don´t need it, since you don´t need to roll the dice. Just use it in with the heavy lance, Spirited Charge and full power attack and deal about 160-180 damage.

Particle_Man

Explorer
If you are only taking sorceror for true strike, then you don't have a problem with armour, since that spell has no somatic components.

I suppose you could take true strike and then stock up on non-combat spells you could cast when not wearing armour, since your paladin side should have the combat pretty much covered anyway.

Darklone

Try Paladin/Spellsinger (KoK PG) if you want some more arcane spells. ;)

About that codex stuff... you could always claim that your sorcerous power derives from some celestial grandma.

Ave Rage

First Post
I chose to just stick to more levels of Paladin. I'll just have to make due with the little spells he gets. The main reasons I chose to not take levels of Sorc were:

1. He's a Paladin of Torm and is not one to stray from his duty, that being following the path of the the Paladin.

2. We already have a sorc in the group and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want me stealing her thunder (or lightning as it were)

3. Smite + crit + that spell that doubles smite dmg (I think there is one at least). I'm just going for as much damage in a single hit to take down the boss while the other party members sweep up the minions. Tossing out a weak 3d6 lightning bolt would be nice but it just doesnt compare with the new 3.5 paladin (more smites per level instead of cure disease)

That and I realized that any spell I could possibly want, I'd have either the sorc or druid set me up.

Just wanted to add in another thanks for all the input. Now if only I could get my group to realize that digging through the corpses of a town that was destroyed by a demon we're chasing in the hopes of finding magic items isnt 'ok'.
Luckily I was away when a skeleton started chatting it up with them and they tried to convince it to show them where some loot was X(

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
A point worth noting, power critical makes a hit an automatic threat, and bless weapon makes a threat an automatic crit. But neither makes an automatic hit.

You still have to roll to hit and you still have to hit the opponents AC.

Small consolation after your BBEG gets one-shot'd. But then if you want to take a whole feat for a single attack that you can only use once a day, that's your choice.

Remove ads