• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power Grid China/Korea

Odovacar's Ghost

First Post
I have this on order. The rules on china is crazier then what I heard.
All power plants are available when they first come out, but with a twist.

The deck in a 6 player game does not include 3, 4, and 33.
plants 36-50, shuffle, face down.
plants 31-35 and step 3 card, shuffle, face down on top of previous deck.
5-30 in ascending order, face down on top of the deck.

If 6 players play, 6 power plants come out, BUT, when one gets bought, another does NOT come out. Not until Phase 5, where very few come out. I.E. In a 6 player game, only 3 new power plants come out minimum, as in, the total cards in play is one less then the amount of players. But, if say, 4 power plants are in play, and you add 3, then the lowest 2 gets removed. Which means, one may not be able to buy a new one next turn. On top of that, the largest power plant does not get put on the bottom of the deck.

For the Korea board, before one buys resources, players, in reverse order, before they buy resources, have to pick which resource market they will buy from. Then, in the normal order, start buying resources from the market they picked. If there isn't any left. Tough.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/37397

rules: http://www.riograndegames.com/uploads/Game/Game_276_gameRules.pdf

Essentially, I believe strategies for this new expansion will be quite different, then what we are use to.

BobProbst

First Post
I have this on order. The rules on china is crazier then what I heard.
All power plants are available when they first come out, but with a twist.
For the Korea board, before one buys resources, players, in reverse order, before they buy resources, have to pick which resource market they will buy from. Then, in the normal order, start buying resources from the market they picked. If there isn't any left. Tough.
Essentially, I believe strategies for this new expansion will be quite different, then what we are use to.
Me Rickey!

Remove ads