• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power points lost with energy drain

Hi guys,

This sunday the BBEG lich 25 wizard cast over my dwarf 21 physhic warrior a empovered energy drain and I lost ten levels. the question is how much power points I have lost (even the 50 hit points and 10 penalty to all rolls)?

thanks in advance :)

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... good question... Intuitively, I'd just make it the minimum manifester level needed to manifest the highest level power you know (i.e. 11 for a 6th level power, if that is your highest) times the number of negative levels.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Spatula

Explorer
XPH, page 68. You lose access to one of your highest level powers, and the number of power points equal to the cost of that power, per negative level.

If you always selected your powers from the highest possible level when you learned new ones (probably not, but you never know), your character would lose all his 6th level powers, all his 5th level powers, one of his 4th level powers, and 89 (11 * 5 + 9 * 3 + 7 * 1) power points.

Thanks Spatula You help me a lot ;) at the encounter I simple loss all of my remaining psionic points I was waste the 65% of my psionic power points before the lich beat me.

Remove ads