• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Power Wording

tombowings

First Post
Is this power worded correctly. If not, how could I reword it.

Audacious Riposte Swashbuckler Feature
[Flavor Text]
At-Will ✦ Martial, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt, Melee weapon
Requirement: You are wielding a one-handed light blade or heavy blade.
Trigger: A foe within a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
Effect: Shift adjacent to the attacker and make an attack against it as the target.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier at 21st level.

Thank you :)

Khaalis

Adventurer
Is this power worded correctly. If not, how could I reword it.
The wording itself isn't so much the problem (though some clarifications and corrections are needed). I think the power itself is too powerful for an at-will class feature, as it allows too much movement. What I would change it to is...

AUDACIOUS RIPOSTE Swashbuckler Attack 1
[Flavor Text]
Immediate Interrupt -- Close
burst 2
Requirement: You are wielding a light blade or one-hand heavy blade.
Trigger: A foe within the burst makes an attack that does not include you as a target.
Effect: Shift adjacent to the triggering foe and make a basic attack against it.

However, even this is a little too good for a level 1 at-will. I would consider it more on par with an Encounter power.

My fencer class uses the following.

RIPOSTE Fencer Attack 1
Immediate Interrupt -- Melee
weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding a fencer weapon.
Trigger: You are hit by a melee attack
Target: The attacking creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] at 21st level.

Hope this helps some.

tombowings

First Post
The power in question is actually quite balanced. It is made for a defender type and functions to protect allies. The damage is balanced to the fighter's combat challenge and the paladin's divine challenge, not typical at will powers. However, I think toning down the damage might be a good idea, rather than the movement.

Remove ads