• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Powerful Charge/Pounce?

LiL KiNG

First Post
Looking at adding a levels of Barbarian to a Minotaur NPC to increase his CR and the whole lion-totem-pounce thing came to mind to make him even meaner/more challenging (things PC's can do I let more advanced monsters do as well).

So the Mino can charge/pounce and do his full attack routine with his greataxe of +11/+6 and gore at +6 (+2 attack from charging), but how would this work, or will it work, with his powerful charge ability?
Does the powerful charge-gore attack become primary so the attack routine ends up; +11 gore, +6/+1 greataxe?

Anyone have any suggestions or played with this idea before?

Sekhmet

First Post
As I read it, Powerful Charge adds an extra attack to a Charge. Pounce modifies a Charge to allow a Full Attack action.
I see no RAW reason that Pounce would negate Powerful Charge, or vice versa, so I'd allow a both the Gore and Full Attack to function together.

Drowbane

First Post
You are just adding a natural attack to a weapon-based full attack. Which reduces the natural attack to Secondary. So you are looking at Axe +11 / +6, Gore +6.

LiL KiNG

First Post
You are just adding a natural attack to a weapon-based full attack. Which reduces the natural attack to Secondary. So you are looking at Axe +11 / +6, Gore +6.

That makes sense and is how it normally is, I guess I would just apply the powerful charge's increased gore damage instead of normal gore damage then.

Thanks!

Remove ads