Powers

Kylara

First Post
In this thread, we can discuss the inclusion, limiting, or out right removal of certain powers. Once a power under discussion is voted for, it will go up into a compiled list of rules that are in effect.

Banned Powers:
Dimensional Movement
Temporal Movement

Limited Powers:
Summoning (Capped at 5 Minions; Heroic Extra Banned)
Duplication (Capped at 5 Duplicates; Heroic Extra Banned)

Powers currently under discussion:

Last edited:

Kylara

First Post
I propose that we outright disallow the Heroic Extra for the following powers as its use can be unbalancing, especially when used in conjunction with the Horde Extra and Progression Power Feat:

Duplication
Summoning

Battles with only a few characters can be quite time consuming, a single character with either of the above powers and the Progression and Horde feat can double or triple the the number of combatants in a single turn, and having each of those extra combatants able to sustain as much punishment as a PC is frankly a book keeping and time keeping nightmare, as well as potentially stealing the spot light from the rest of the PCs.

I propose that Progression feat for the above powers be limited to only creating 5 duplicates/minions.

does anyone have any points for either side?

Kylara

First Post
Other Powers being tossed around by the judges for disqualification:
Temporal Movement
Dimensional movement

Reasoning, such powers are disallowed for heros for Plot reasons

Bront

The man with the probe
Kylara said:
Other Powers being tossed around by the judges for disqualification:
Temporal Movement
Dimensional movement

Reasoning, such powers are disallowed for heros for Plot reasons
I agree, I think that just for plot consistancy and general ease of use, these should be banned. They require some GM Fiat, and could cause issues with other adventures as well.

Velmont

First Post
I would like to know what yout think of one thing.

In 1st edition, you had Energy Field. When someone was attacking with that power, let's say punch, his field was doing an attack and his fist another.

Now, in 2nd edition, you have strike that you can add the Aura extra. What would happen if I add the Migthy feat?

1. If I strike, I would have only 1 attack at +(Str+Power)?
2. If I strike someone immune to my energy, my attack is completly useless (so he is immune to the impact damage just because the energy add his descriptor to teh whole attack?
3. If someone strike me, he would recieve an attack at +(Str+Power)?

In my opinion, the answers would be:
1. Yes
2. No, the attack would still do +Str
3. No, the attack would simply be +Power

Kylara

First Post
If you had Strike with the mighty feat, and the Aura extra:

1)If you attack unarmed, and hit:
1 Toughness Save (Str + Strike) and 1 Toughness Save (aura)

Steve Kenson said:
Now, reverse the situation. If B (with the damaging aura) grapples A successfully, then when it comes time to inflict damage, will B inflict damage twice (i.e., once for the grapple and once for the aura)?

Yes.

2)Striking someone immune to Aura
1 Toughness Save (Str + Strike)

3)You are struck
1 Toughness Save (Aura)
the mighty has no relation to Aura, it only adds to Strike Attacks

Velmont

First Post
Ok... I didn't read like that. My mistake. Thanks. And yes, I have in mind an energy field concept for my PL8 hero.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'll have more input on powers issues after 11/16 (big presentation to prepare for).

As a quick point, I agree with disallowing the four suggested so far.

Keia

Bront

The man with the probe
I vote YES to

Banned Powers:
Dimensional Movement
Temporal Movement

Limited Powers:
Summoning (Capped at 5 Minions; Heroic Extra Banned)
Duplication (Capped at 5 Duplicates; Heroic Extra Banned)

Just to make it official :)

Remove ads