[PR-BAD AXE GAMES] Heroes of High Favor: ELVES

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Steve Conan Trustrum said:
I'm glad to see that the book got a good review and I'm looking forward to my copies hitting the mailbox so that my players can start using the material.

Subtle hint? ;)

Holidays have made things a bit iffy, but they'll go out to you on Saturday, I promise!

Originally posted by Krug
Thanks Wulf! All the best for 2003!

Does that mean you got them? Let me know when you do.

Originally posted by Krug
hey wulf would it be possible to get a link to your website in your sig or something? I am tired of copy and pasting it to a web browser every time i want to buy something

Click FAVORITES at the top of your browser. :p

Storminator

First Post
I got my FLGS to order me a copy of Dwarves, based on stuff here. We just bought my son Half-orcs for Xmas (what's that old line about playing with the kids toys? :)). I really liked Dwarves, but Half-orcs just rocks.

Looks like I'll be picking up Elves on Sunday!

Excellent work Wulf, really well done.

PS

maransreth

Explorer
Books about templates?

Hey Wulf,
I was just reading through the whole post to see what was mentioned about the Elves book and I wondered: Will you do a Heroes of High Favour for the templates? EG. Half-celestials, Half-dragons, Half-fiends, lycanthropes, etc.

Unsure how you would do it with their ECLs, but they do have favoured classes and that is what it comes down to basically.

BTW do you know when HoHF: Elves will reach Australia? I have both Dwarves and Half-Orcs and quite like what I have read. The new sections in Elves make it sound even better than the other two than just feats, prestige classes and roleplaying tips.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: Books about templates?

maransreth said:
Will you do a Heroes of High Favour for the templates? EG. Half-celestials, Half-dragons, Half-fiends, lycanthropes, etc.

I have been asked this many times and the answer unfortunately is the same: No plans for such at this time. From the beginning the books have been designed for players, and thus I have tried not to push the envelope of what DM's will allow in their games too much. I don't fancy players buying a book that the DM will not include. But I will give some thought to a more villain (and DM) oriented sourcebook.

BTW do you know when HoHF: Elves will reach Australia? I have both Dwarves and Half-Orcs and quite like what I have read. The new sections in Elves make it sound even better than the other two than just feats, prestige classes and roleplaying tips.

Unfortunately I am not certain how long it takes to get overseas. If you recall the release dates of Dwarves and Half-Orcs and when you saw them appear, I think it would be safe to assume about the same for Elves.

"Just feats, prestige classes, and roleplaying tips?" Dwarves and Half-Orcs have their own special sections as well, you know-- mastercrafting, runes, totems, animal breeding, etc. This is simply the first time that the extra material has been collected into its own chapter (and appendix). Coming up with the extra "plug in" rules for each race has become my favorite part of the design process, and will continue to be a major feature of each sourcebook.

Wulf

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Krug said:
Got it Wulf! Will put up the reviews soon!

Cool! I was starting to worry, I didn't know if it was ok to send roleplaying stuff to you in Singapore; didn't want to get you hauled in for a severe caning or anything.

Wulf

Remove ads