• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR] Great Aspeigh a detailed hamlet

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
Great Aspeigh
A Detailed Hamlet
Zip archive containing a 53 page PDF; 1.9 MB
$3.00 at the RPGNow website

Welcome to Great Aspeigh . . .
lazy_gryphon.jpg

. . or what's left of it. The hamlet is built on the ruins of a once proud city. Disaster has struck it several times, and although it's merely a hamlet now, adventurers have started coming to it to explore its ruins.

The hamlet has 43 keyed locations, fully detailed with NPCs and merchandise to buy. Below is a sample of what you will see in these 53 pages (some items were intentionally blurred out, but you can get an idea of the text format):
great_aspeigh_sample.jpg

Here's what you get:
  • 53-page PDF detailing 43 shops
  • Rules for restocking merchandise in the shops
  • A table of what can be encountered in the ruins (this is not an adventure itself, but a base for adventuring to occur from). An adventure that takes place beneath Great Aspeigh is
    Trouble Underfoot, a 29-page PDF for characters of levels 3-5 (also $3).
  • An item index, indexing every item in every shop, so that if a player asks, "Where can I find..." you can find it.
  • A NPC index, so you'll know where NPCs are by name.
  • A Shop index, with shops and the people associated with them.
    [/list=a]

Below is a small map, the yellow areas are detailed and the white areas are exploration sites (you get this map plus a much larger map of the hamlet):

ga_small.jpg

Available for $3 at
    The RPGNow website

Last edited:

annadobritt

First Post
No problem!:D Posted a review at RPGNow. Once I get the other things I purchased looked over, I'll post about them as well.

Last edited:

annadobritt

First Post
Terra_Ferax_Mark said:
Anna,
Is there any chance I could use your quote at RPGNow or even better, would you be so kind as to post a review there?

Thanks.

Have you thought of offering the cc2 maps for downloading? This way a person could use the free viewer to print out the portions of the map they need.

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
Actually, that was [edit] not [/edit] done with CC2. I have another program up my sleeve (or in my toolkit): Neopaint for windows.

Neopaint has a stamp function that allows you to create a neopaint stamp file (which is a .tif file with one color set to transparent). It's what I used before CC2 and keep coming back to it. The price is comparable to paintshop pro (which I also use)but with Neopaint, you can draw map elements (it's a paint program), save the stamp, and then place the elements on your map. It's very fast.

Think of it as a commercial "Dungeon Crafter" with no map size limit and no limit to the tile size, plus I believe they have all the U-Lead graphic functions. You can zoom, rotate, and most of the tools any decent paint program has. You can check out a 30-day trial at http://www.neosoftware.com/npw.html. There's a DOS version and a Windows version. Unless you're a DOS fan, you might stick with the windows version. I'm using the Windows version 4C.

So as for the map, the GIF files included in the zip archive are as close to what I have as you can get. No you, don't have the layers of CC2 or PSP, but it's fast to produce maps with.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads