• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR MKY] From Stone to Steel

Ranger REG

Explorer
What would I like to see? A diagram of how the weapon operates in sequence. Like take a crossbow, for example. The first picture of the sequence shows how to pull the string back and set the trigger. The second picture shows the loading of bolt. Third can be aim and shoot.

Heavy crossbow would show the use of winch to pull back the string.

Repeating crossbow would show how to mount the cartridge onto the weapon, even show how the cartridge is loaded with the bolts.

One last thing, weapons like crossbows should have a cross-section or cutaway diagram to give a clear idea the assembly of the weapon.

kenjib

First Post
I would like to see a teaser that shows how this book integrates the weapons with other rules material. How closely knit are the weapons and new PRCs, feats, materials, etc.? How do these work together to capture the military technology a given era? Is the book scattershot and need additional support/research material to use or does it cover each topic in enough detail that you can take the technology and run with a campaign in one of the eras presented.

Havilor

First Post
If you're concerned about another catalog, put your fears aside. Each weapon entry is firmly entrenched in the culture and history that it was spawned from. Rather than ignore the context of a weapon's origin, I felt it was important to find when a weapon was developed, explore how it was used, and then integrate that information into the d20 rule set. The nice thing is, you won't have to change rule sets to use weapons of different materials. A fire-hardened spear and a steel-headed spear use the same rules, regardless of the period you're playing in.

If, in reading this book, you come across a period of history you think would make an incredible setting (as I did, again and again), I often give references for further research, as well as listing a bibliography of useful resources at the end of the book. That way, for example, if you decide you really want to develop a Roman period campaign setting, you not only have my information, which will cover tactics, methods, practices, and campaign angles, but more resources to go about developing the rest of that setting.

Fearsome Monkey

First Post
Shipping!

:D I am happy to report that Stone to Steel is completely printed and bound and is shipping from the printer. The book should be in distributor's hands this week and be available for retail shortly thereafter.

David Hurd
MonkeyGod Enterprises

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads