• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR] New Publisher!

Mynex

First Post
November 2002 - Code Monkey Publishing, LLC goes live!

November 22nd, 2002 - Monkeys invade the publishing industry!
Code Monkey Publishing, LLC, founded by a rampaging tribe of primates, one human and a gopher, has started a publishing company to meet the needs of their fellow primates!

When asked why, their leader, Code Monkey, just looked at the reporter and said 'Ook', shambling away to his tree of solitude where he went back to his plans for world domination.

The translator, Zoo Keeper, the lone human, went on to say that Code Monkey Publishing had no plans for world domination, simply putting out great RPG products with great software support and to ignore the Gopher behind the curtain.

Zoo Keeper went on to say that there are 2 lines of products to look for in 2003, the Explorer's Almanac series - Each book covers a specific terrain type, with rules for the hazards of each, such as Monsoons, Sandstorms, blizzards and the like.

The second series is called the Campaign Builders Series - Each book takes a look at one aspect of creating a campaign world; from castles to empires, from shop keepers supplies to laws of the lands.

The Campaign Builders Series will also be followed up by software designed to use the rules presented for computer users to make creation easier and faster.

www.codemonkeypublishing.com

(This is a non petting zoo! Don't feed the animals and keep all hands inside the ride at all times!)

MEG Hal

First Post
What does this mean for PCGen then?
Do you feel now that you are competitors it will effect your relationship with publishers?
Are your products pdf or will they be in print, IOW what type of publisher is CMP going to be?

CCamfield

First Post
That's good to hear!

I know of no book covering specific terrains. I'd probably buy a book on deserts in a heartbeat. Hopefully I'll still be running my campaign then...

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Re: [PR] New Publisher!

CCamfield said:
That's good to hear!

I know of no book covering specific terrains. I'd probably buy a book on deserts in a heartbeat. Hopefully I'll still be running my campaign then...

December/January 2003 Dry Lands here is your desert, and an adventure to get them there should be in your FLGS now called Interludes: Sands of Pain. :D

Ok, I hijacked the thread, but you guys use our open gaming stuff so it is only fair. :p

Anyway good luck.

Last edited:

Mynex

First Post
THG Hal said:
What does this mean for PCGen then?
Do you feel now that you are competitors it will effect your relationship with publishers?
Are your products pdf or will they be in print, IOW what type of publisher is CMP going to be?

Now worries about PCGen, that's completely seperate, we're only housing some forums for it at this point. PCGen is and always will be free. :)

I don't think it will have much of an impact with publishers and how PCGen interacts at all, it is a seperate endeavor.

And our products will be PDF, going to print eventually if they do well (that's the hope,eh? And we have inspiration in the success of THG/MEG going that route!)

As to what type of publisher we're going to be? We're a bunch of monkeys, so it'll be a zoo! :D

Last edited:

Mynex

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [PR] New Publisher!

THG Hal said:

December/January 2003 Dry Lands here is your desert, and an adventure to get them there should be in your FLGS now called Interludes: Sands of Pain. :D

Ok, I hijacked the thread, but you guys use our open gaming stuff so it is only fair. :p

Anyway good luck.

THREAD HIJACKER!!! String 'im up boys! :p

Don't make me sick the Monkey Ninja's on you!! ;)

Actually, don't mind at all Hal. :) I look forward to getting a hold of Dry Lands, and doing a comparison with what we've got. ;)

CCamfield

First Post
Re: Re: Re: [PR] New Publisher!

THG Hal said:

Oh, I know about Dry Lands, but I am not sure about being able to directly use your stuff, as my setting is home-brewed. Granted, a lot of the desert area is rather sketchy at the moment. But a book whose mission is supporting desert campaigns of any sort, that I know I can use. I'm not using Bluffside (although sort of coincidentally, my city of Almara is on a coast, at the base of a 1/2 mile high cliff!)

MEG Hal

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: [PR] New Publisher!

CCamfield said:

Oh, I know about Dry Lands, but I am not sure about being able to directly use your stuff, as my setting is home-brewed. Granted, a lot of the desert area is rather sketchy at the moment. But a book whose mission is supporting desert campaigns of any sort, that I know I can use. I'm not using Bluffside (although sort of coincidentally, my city of Almara is on a coast, at the base of a 1/2 mile high cliff!)

It is made to be used as a PnRP product Plug-n-Role Play or TruMod item. So we have a lot of desert info and then we add some POI's and new stuff to make it unique, but I think out of 144 pages you will be amazed at how well it is suited to a home brewed campaign.

Take a look at it at your FLGS and tell me what ya think!

Remove ads