• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PR] Red Spire Press announces Dark Legacies

Red Spire Press

First Post
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RED SPIRE PRESS TO PUBLISH DARK LEGACIES CAMPAIGN SETTING
Dark and gritty low-magic d20 coming soon

February 24, 2003 (Calgary, AB): Red Spire Press joins the d20 market with a fresh and new product oriented towards low-magic gaming: Dark Legacies. Presenting a dark and gritty world that teeters half way between the Abyss and the mortal realm, where arcane ambitions threaten to return humanity to the dark ages or worse, Dark Legacies is a fully realized campaign setting supported by a host of new and variant 3.5e-compliant rules.

In addition to a rich and expansive setting, this hardcover will include new and modified races and classes, prestige classes, new feats including a fresh approach to enchanting and consecrating items, entirely new magic and miracle systems with no crossover between arcane casters and priests, an array of new arcane spells that bring conscience and consequence to the forefront, new equipment and a complete monster section detailing the denziens of Dark Legacies.

Contributing to the gritty atmosphere will be the artwork of renowned fantasy and sci-fi artist Adrian Smith, best known for his work in Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 game system. "Our aim is to produce not only a cool and complete alternative to the plethora of high fantasy settings currently available, but the best looking d20 product on the market hands down," says Red Spire Press President Yuval Kordov. "The book will be as enjoyable to look at over and over again as it will be to read. You ain't seen nothin' like it."

Dark Legacies is due for release in Q1, 2004.

©2003 Red Spire Press.
http://www.redspirepress.com
Warhammer 40,000 is a registered trademark of Games Workshop Ltd.

Red Spire Press

First Post
Now, recognizing that there's nothing worse than reading about how good something is without getting an actual taste, here's an art sample for you. :)
rsp_sample1.jpg

Red Spire Press

First Post
Krug said:
You're making us wait 1 year for this???

I sympathize. But if it helps, the book has already been under development for nearly a year and a half. We figured the one year mark was when we could make an announcement without annoying gamers too much. ;) I guarantee it will be worth the wait, and we'll be posting more previews on a regular basis. Cheers.

photon1966

First Post
WOW

This is just what I am looking for. I really prefer a low magic world, I have incorporated elements from Privateer Press Iron Kingdoms into my own home grown campaign. I like the mix of magic and science but I keep trying to keep having problems with the magic as a few spells like cone of Cold or Fireball like spells just throw a real wrench into the feel of the game. I like the concept of consquences with ones magic and I may now introduce something like that in my own. It would be nice though to see how they'll rule or handle it.

I am checking with my local hobby store, where I also work to make sure he gets this in and I'll definently keep an eye out for it on line.

Red Spire Press

First Post
photon1966 said:
I really prefer a low magic world, I have incorporated elements from Privateer Press Iron Kingdoms into my own home grown campaign. I like the mix of magic and science but I keep trying to keep having problems with the magic as a few spells like cone of Cold or Fireball like spells just throw a real wrench into the feel of the game.

Yes, Iron Kingdoms is an exceptionally cool setting but it is still very much "normal" D&D in the way that it handles magic, religion and so forth. I think you'll find Dark Legacies to be quite different and refreshing, and at times altogether deadly. ;)

Harp

First Post
And I thought the boys at Privateer Press were a tease...

This I'm looking forward to. And I'll be expecting regular updates...;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads