Practiced Feat

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
If the portion of the text

"It only increases your manifester level, which helps you overcome power resistance and increases the duration and other effects of your powers."

Is taken much more strictly and were written (or just read) more like this:

"It only increases your manifester level for the purposes of overcoming power resistance and increasing the duration and other effects of your spells."

I think we would be okay. That way it explicitly states what it covers rather than using a term that has been applied to many other cases (as you mentioned).
Well, it also was legitimately intended to raise your manifester level cap on spending power points, I think? The other things I just mentioned are, on the other hand (imo) unintentional. Of course, that's all my own analysis due to trying to get into the designers' heads.

Erekose13

Explorer
I'd rather come up with a complete list of what it applies to rather than a list of what it doesn't. That way nothing else can slip by.

Bront

The man with the probe
Practiced Manifester effects:
-Max PP Expendature on one spell (which oddly enough, helps with Metapsionics a bit, but that's not exactly the strongest part of psionics)
-Manifestor Level based durations and effects
-Power Resistance
-Resistance to being dispelled

Does not apply to:
-PP gained
-Ardent Powers bought
-Powers Known
-Max Power Level knowable
-Psicrystal Level (I think)

Remove ads